PCCW Fiber?(Noob alert)

Closed Thread

PCCW Fiber?(Noob alert)

We are currently on a 30Mb line which we are fine with but have had issues with the modem reliability. After repeated complaints about the modem failing (At least one a year), or the line cutting off for several hours and their staff not being able to tell me if it's a line problem or a hardware one, I threatened to quit.
    The supervisor guy on the line offered to change the line from the current one to a fiber one (don't know what that is) at the current contract rate and speed, he hasn't confirmed yet but I am also not sure if I should bother going ahead with it.

Firstly, I don't really know if it's that much more reliable. Second, I asked him for an assurance that after the current contract expired we would have the option to sign the same contract for pricing and speed and not be forced to sign a more expensive contract which usually comes with the newer stuff.

I don't know much about this so I'd like some input on what direction to go with. I know PCCW are sneaky as fuck so I'd like to be sure I'm not setting myself up to get billed for more later.

Get the lube ready cause when your contract runs out be prepared to be shafted HARD.

Yeah I heard that story before. They come and say they did something, then you notice it's the same wire and you have 2500 install fee magically on your bill to call and spend months removing. Good luck.