Like Tree1Likes

Yahoo Auctions in Hong Kong - I just don't get it ;(

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question Yahoo Auctions in Hong Kong - I just don't get it ;(

I am told locals here use Yahoo Auctions here as opposed to locanto or eBay. Strange as Yahoo Auctions is paid and charges for posting each item - but thats a different story

So I managed to post something on Yahoo Auctions using Google Translate to navigate its chinese menu. .. but then got kicked off by Yahoo as I had mentioned my phone number and email address

So if I don't mention my phone number and email address, how do I expect buyers to contact me and ask me questions and negotiate the price? Yes I know its a public auction - but I still don't think anyone will buy a used item without asking questions? And their Q&A seems to be public

What am I missing ? How can I reach out to local crowd in Hong Kong to sell?

There is a section for questions and answers 問與答where you can post questions.

Like ebay, you're not allowed to post email or your mobile, what's the point of auction if everyone is bypassing it, why not just stick to classified ads

Either wait for potential buyers message their number

Or sly ways,set up a new account when user name: call #xxxxxxxx

Btw, what are you selling

I did say they have a Q&A section but that is public. I keep getting questions where people try to negotiate with me - surely I can't negotiate in public?

And can I post my email and phone number on Q&A without getting kicked out?

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic:
    Like ebay, you're not allowed to post email or your mobile, what's the point of auction if everyone is bypassing it, why not just stick to classified ads

Either wait for potential buyers message their number

Or sly ways,set up a new account when user name: call #xxxxxxxx
    Not true - eBay never had this problem. Plus eBay has an option of 'contact seller' where prospective buyer could always message me to deal

how can potential buyers message me their number - seems to be no way a buyer can contact me besides Q&A?

I like your sly way - how do I setup a new account with username call #xxxxxxxx - don't I get kicked out by Yahoo for doing so?

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic:
    Btw, what are you selling
    Keep having things to sell as I want to change or upgrade things... At the moment have my old iPhone to sell..

Quote Originally Posted by john.doe1985:
    At the moment have my old iPhone to sell..
    Take it to Ap Liu Street to sell, many many vendors are buying 2nd hand phones along that street.

Ok - will try

What's wrong with this forum or the other hk Asia expat classified? If there is little interest in yahoo auction, have you listed more than market price

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast