Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Plutark

Is PCCW 30M internet service enough for online gaming?

Closed Thread

Is PCCW 30M internet service enough for online gaming?

Hi everybody, I'm new here and just move to Hong Kong. I found an apartment recently but was informed that PCCW is the only coverage for the building and 30M is the highest package they can provide for now. Im very concerned and I'm wondering if this is enough for competitive online gaming like csgo. It's highly appreciated if anyone could share any thoughts about this. Thanks in advance.

I only have a 6Mb line and I play CS fine. Its all down to the servers you connect to, and if you still want to play with your mates in the US/UK, you'll find horrific latency no matter how fast your broadband is. I connect to Taiwan, China and what looks like Siberian servers, and there's no lag.

yeah from 6-7 meg it's enough. Issue like proplus say is the server, even with 1000 meg, if you play on European server you will get a massive lag. I played BF4 here with 1000 meg, 2 ping in Asian server but shitty ping on European or US server.

You will be fine with 30mb

Rob2020 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Proplus:
    I only have a 6Mb line and I play CS fine.
    With that information the asker can sense that 30M is well enough. On top, a 6M line (DSL that is) has a rather low upload of 0.6Mb (or so), and still works fine. A 30M will be fiber, were upload and download is usually the same speed.

Thanks so much for your replies! Yea I don't think I will play with my mates in US. Appreciated everyone!