Like Tree1Likes

Raspberry pi 2

Closed Thread

Unhappy Raspberry pi 2

HI.Im wanna do a project about the raspberry pi 2 with the sensehat.But many people said that the raspberry pi 2 and other accessories are only available in RS in Hong Kong.But it only got a online store and the trader counter is far far away from me.Anyone know is there any other store in Hong Kong are still selling RPI 2 which have a physical shop that help me easier to reach the RPI?

I don't know where else to get it, but RS does free shipping to anywhere in Hong Kong from their online store, so why should the location of their counter matter? Their pickup counter is in walking distance of Kwai Fong MTR station by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by 100LL:
    I don't know where else to get it, but RS does free shipping to anywhere in Hong Kong from their online store, so why should the location of their counter matter? Their pickup counter is in walking distance of Kwai Fong MTR station by the way.
    But i dont have a credit card for the payment...im just a young secondary student.And because i live in chai wan,so it's surely far for me

Find somebody nearby that has a credit card and pay them back. RS has next day delivery.

Quote Originally Posted by Zak1:
    But i dont have a credit card for the payment...im just a young secondary student.And because i live in chai wan,so it's surely far for me
    MTR to Admiralty, change and direct to Kwai Fong. Not far at all.

thanks for all the answer guys ,but i now i've found a store call element14. They said that they have a reseller in western district call Aries Eln Components.Any of you ever heard of this store?Like the business hour and the stuff.Cause there's not much information given on the internet.

No idea, but since seem tight for you give them a a call to make sure that the really have what you want, and check the price too.

I looked for a Pi2 i HK a month ago. Everyone (Element 13, RS, Aires, some retailer in Macau) were out of stock. I ordered from Amazon and arranged international delivery.

Perhaps the situation has changed now, or they are still hard to find here. If they are hard to find, get a Pi B+ from Aires (which is a tiny operation and kind of hard to reach at times, but I think the only option for local retail). For using with sensors, I can't imagine there is much difference between the B+ and the 2. One just happens to be faster as far as I can tell.