Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By dpmlicious

massive problem with our website - help sought

Closed Thread

massive problem with our website - help sought

a few days ago we had a spike in visits from one location in the US and since then our website has all kind of issues, overwhelming our low-tech team in our small office. loading time suddenly takes 2-3 times as much and sometimes the page doesn't load at all, a slider on the homepage doesn't work anymore, our blog site has disappeared from view entirely, the list goes on and on.

in short, i believe someone attacked our website and we now have crippling stuff on it, but stuff that we can neither identify nor fix with our limited knowledge.

does anyone know a company or expert who we can engage to look at our website, fix everything and maybe also prevent future attacks? any pointers are very welcome

Have you contacted your web hosting / server provider? When my website was DDOSed, I contacted my then web hosting provider who checked and improved security. Though, from what you're describing, maybe the actual site was hacked and data changed.

cookie09 likes this.

how often does your site change?probably best to just restore from backup?

Agree, get your web designer to reload the site from the last build and the easiest way is for him to just block the IP range that the attack happened from. simple stuff and I am not a professional but learned this by experience.