Like Tree9Likes

Smart DNS within LAN

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by happymundus:
    FYI, second hand ubnt erl might (1x% chance) have storage fault problem that cause crash or unable to boot. It you encounter that, just open the case and change the USB stick inside. There s work through in the Internet. Also get the 1.8.5 upgrade, it is much better.
    I upgraded the firmware to 1.8.5 and it works fine, now I just need my 30M connection to actually work then I can configure it all.

How much is that 30M connection per month? Is it fibre?

How much is that 30M connection per month? Is it fibre?
    It is not fibre (they need to lay new stuff in the whole village for that), but it is almost 30M on the speediest today, which is quite amazing considering it is the exact same twisted cooper pair that the old 8M was running through.

It is $265 a month, which is slightly less than i was paying for the 8M before.

HKBN was supposed to lay fibre into the village, but nothing has happened as yet, that said I am quite pleased with the 4x speed increase over the old connection.

FYI, second hand ubnt erl might (1x% chance) have storage fault problem that cause crash or unable to boot. It you encounter that, just open the case and change the USB stick inside. There s work through in the Internet. Also get the 1.8.5 upgrade, it is much better.
    Got my 30M connection finally working, but can't for the life of me work out how to configure, then get working the UBNT router to do what I want.

Will have to spend quite some time on YouTube working out how to drive this gizmo.