Like Tree33Likes

Gaming Desktop in Hong Kong

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Gaming Desktop in Hong Kong

Hi All

So I've recently decided to get a gaming desktop and have done a bit of research on the min specs that i'm looking for.

i7 intel chip 4 Ghz
    16 GB Ram
    256GB PCle SSD (Boot) + 1 TB (64 MB Cache) 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s
    Nvidia Geforce GTX 970 4GB GDDR5 - PNY

The closest I've found at a reasonable price range has been the Alien X51although even this is a bit pricey and been reading a fair bit that Alien is a bit of a rip off. I was thinking it might be better to build my own t this stage or rather go to one of the electronic markets in Wan Chai/Mong Kok/SSP to get someone to get all the parts and arrange it for me. Any recommendations on someone like this? Preferably English speaker but Mandarin works too.

Thanks in advance for any feedback!

I have no recommendation on who/where to go, but with new GTX 1060/1070 cards out which are cheaper and faster than the 9xx ones you might want to do a little more research...!

iansigmund1992 likes this.

Try SE Computers in MKK. I've been dealing with the guy for 26 years since he was working at Jumbo.

Samuel ‪+852 9152 1097‬

He speaks good English, guarantees his work and is a very decent guy

J

iansigmund1992 and shri like this.

Quote Originally Posted by iansigmund1992:
    Hi All

So I've recently decided to get a gaming desktop and have done a bit of research on the min specs that i'm looking for.

i7 intel chip 4 Ghz
    16 GB Ram
    256GB PCle SSD (Boot) + 1 TB (64 MB Cache) 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s
    Nvidia Geforce GTX 970 4GB GDDR5 - PNY

The closest I've found at a reasonable price range has been the Alien X51although even this is a bit pricey and been reading a fair bit that Alien is a bit of a rip off. I was thinking it might be better to build my own t this stage or rather go to one of the electronic markets in Wan Chai/Mong Kok/SSP to get someone to get all the parts and arrange it for me. Any recommendations on someone like this? Preferably English speaker but Mandarin works too.
    Even in Western markets premade 'gaming' desktops are rare. And in Hong Kong having a custom built PC from a computer centre costs you parts +$150 so there is very little reason to go something like Alienware, which is ridiculously expensive for the spec (but the admittedly packaging is nice).

If you go the computer centre built route, it only takes about 45 minutes for the machine to be ready for pickup, once you've sorted out the parts list.

Get the GeForce GTX 1070, and if your budget can stretch that far, the new Intel Broadwell E processors.

iansigmund1992 likes this.

Thanks a lot, will look him up today or tomorrow!

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by JaredHK:
    Try SE Computers in MKK. I've been dealing with the guy for 26 years since he was working at Jumbo.

Samuel ‪+852 9152 1097‬

He speaks good English, guarantees his work and is a very decent guy

J
    Hi man thanks a lot for the recommendation - Samuel is brilliant. He even threw in free assembly.

Ended up with i7 6700k with geforce GTX 1070 on a asus z179 a.

Quote Originally Posted by iansigmund1992:
    Hi man thanks a lot for the recommendation - Samuel is brilliant. He even threw in free assembly.

Ended up with i7 6700k with geforce GTX 1070 on a asus z179 a.
    Do you mind if I ask how much?

Quote Originally Posted by civil_servant:
    Do you mind if I ask how much?
    GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5 - 3900
    Intel Core i7-6700k CPU - 2548
    Asus Z170-A LGA1151 ATX MB - 1430
    Samsung 500 gb SSD 850 EVO - 1130
    COrsair VEngeance LPX 8GB*2 - 599

bought a few other things too but this will give you the jist

Original Post Deleted
    Yeah sorry the Z170-A!

Closed Thread