Like Tree14Likes

Home Broadband - Which one is good ?

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

I think at this point, it's a no brainer for most HKers. If there's HKBN/Smartone in your building, just go for that one. At least they don't play the silly pricing game.

Just applied for HGC broadband 500M (broadband only, nothing else), and I'm paying HK$119 per month (36 months contract though), no installation fee. I think they have this promo until the end of May though. That said, I don't think HGC has a wide coverage.

So far, reliable connection.

Vrindavan likes this.

they have been on this promo price since 3 years ago. I know because my office uses HGC for the last 8 years. I think it was 100m at that time. As for coverage HGC is pretty much similar to PCCW in city building. Not sure if older Li and younger Li has anything to do with it

Quote Originally Posted by Srashes:
    You are being ripped off. I pay $168 for 1GBPS from pccw and a friend pays $218 for 1GBPS hkbn.

Hi there, was wondering if you can tell me how you got $169 for a 1 GBP connection? Guy online is quoting me $298 for either 300M or 500M. He wouldn't budge on the price / installation fee getting waived. I see online some would get grocery coupons. Guessing best way is to find an agent on the street. Not sure where they usually hang out tho. Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by gdubdubs:
    Hi there, was wondering if you can tell me how you got $169 for a 1 GBP connection? Guy online is quoting me $298 for either 300M or 500M. He wouldn't budge on the price / installation fee getting waived. I see online some would get grocery coupons. Guessing best way is to find an agent on the street. Not sure where they usually hang out tho. Thoughts?
    I got the same offer online. It is actually $158 as I just checked now. But my contract is for 3 years.

I got the same offer online. It is actually $158 as I just checked now. But my contract is for 3 years.
    Hm. Interesting. I'm assuming it's because of the area? I'm in the mid levels area but have a iCable on the flat.

Quote Originally Posted by gdubdubs:
    Hm. Interesting. I'm assuming it's because of the area? I'm in the mid levels area but have a iCable on the flat.
    Haha yeah. PCCW was heavily promoting their services when I signed up as they were trying to steal HKBN customers and I was one.

They just installed their fibre optic in the building I used to live in and there was HKBN, Smartone and PCCW (this was in TKO). I then moved to Tung Chung and asked them to move their connection here as they have service here and had a free reinstallation with the same price and all.

PCCW was heavily promoting their services when I signed up as they were trying to steal HKBN customers and I was one.
    HGC as well. 1000m at HK$94 per month is pretty hard to beat:

Srashes and Vrindavan like this.

too bad they don't have that in my building

looking for no service interruption:

HGC ?
    China Mobile ?
    HKBN ?
    All of them are OK?