Like Tree24Likes

HKBN Renewal

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

If you go to the HKBN website and click on "Renew" and login and then click on "Other Plans" at the bottom, you should be able to see a number of other options without so many add-ons.

One thing to note is that the cheapest ones have "self-service" support, which given the comments, probably doesn't make much difference to people.

Pricing depends on where you live.

Quote Originally Posted by john.doe1985:
    I just renewed HKBN broadband only for 2 years at 118 HKD per month for 500Mbps. Gave me free setop box as well with 70 channels, which is as yet unopened as I don't speak chinese. Wonder why is it so different for you?
    I also got the free set top box. Insisted that I wouldn't use it - but then they said it comes with six months free trial of the sports package. So I've been enjoying premier league games free for six months. Worth checking out

Quote Originally Posted by Claire ex-ax:
    Has anyone recently managed to renew just broadband with HKBN?

On the webiste, all the options for renewal have other (unwanted) add-ons, such as home phone, MyTVB Super. And even the new customers options have at least one add-on.

We have a few months and will be shopping around anyway.
    Claire check out Smartone home broadband. They piggy back off the HKBN network but offer better prices without all the shit addons. I just checked my building and HKBN want about $300 per month with TV box, installation charges, and other shit. Smartone offer the same for only $128 per month with cashback and just plain old internet, 24 month contract.
    wayland, timonoj and Claire ex-ax like this.

Great price! didn't know Smartone used HKBN's network. I wonder why they didn't make a bilateral agreement...HKBN mobile uses Hutchison/Three network.

Anyway, for 128HKD/148HKD at 500mbps, that's a steal. Hope they keep those prices until september. In the meantime, I have a moving now. I was fearing the wallet hit they'd charge to relocate the broadband, when HKBN told me they include first relocation free of charge. So...yeah, no extra cost. So far HKBN is keeping me very happy. Pity they're raising prices for whenever I need to renew.

shri likes this.

HKBN service is OK, but they are always jacking up the prices, in fact i am not renewing my contract with them which is expiring this month, i am not happy that a new customer gets better deal than an existing customer.

Quote Originally Posted by john.doe1985:
    Btw. If someone wants the Cantonese set top box from me. Welcome to take it.

Just remmeberr to return to me at the end of contract. You can give me a token amount for the hassle )
    The box you are talking about is the LeTv box I believe. Its yours to keep under the contract. You can sell it, or I can take it off your hands for free hehe.

No it's not letv. It was given to me by HKBN

Update on HKBB

Currently paying $218 for 500 Fibre which expires in Oct.

First call last week offering to renew at $268, declined.

Call today, "one day only special offer for you, $208, will let you know but Smartone are offering $144 for same service.

More updates as they come in!

DrWho likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cwbguy:
    Update on HKBB

Currently paying $218 for 500 Fibre which expires in Oct.

First call last week offering to renew at $268, declined.

Call today, "one day only special offer for you, $208, will let you know but Smartone are offering $144 for same service.

More updates as they come in!
    Similar experience, and only after I had cancelled HKBN and signed with Smartone did HKBN finally offer me something attractive.

My contract with HKBN only expires in April.
    Reading the above comments I wonder what they will ask for to renew.
    Now I got 1000M for 182 (including the mytv box which I tried once but all Chinese so useless)
    In the app it does say after contract fee: 368.

Anyway if they want to charge me more than I'm paying now I'll go somewhere else. As some of you mentioned it is ridiculous to charge more for existing customers but I see that a lot in HK.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast