Load Balancing Multiple Connections - Increasing Speed

Closed Thread

Question Load Balancing Multiple Connections - Increasing Speed

I would like to know if there is a way to combine two mobile hotspots (either Wi-Fi or USB tether) into one connection (Wi-Fi or LAN) just using a router or network switch without necessity of any PC/software running constantly?

This load balancing may help increasing the bandwidth, am I right?

@shafiq - it may only help if you have multiple users / multiple streams - very much dependant on the software on the devices.

For example if you open a browser and load GeoExpat (we have say 20 components that need to be loaded - images, javascript etc etc). If your load balancer is intelligent enough, it will split the loads between two pipes say something like "load images on pipe 1" "javascript on pipe 2" etc etc. Some of them do round robin load balancing - request 1 via pipe 1, 2 via pipe 2, 3 back to 1.

Not sure how these devices will multiplex video streams (i.e. can it open two connections to netflix and then reassemble the video and deliver to you as one?).

Not trivial. Or may be my understanding is a bit outdated and the newer devices have software I am not aware of.

Might be better if you post some device models and perhaps I can look at the specs to see how the load balancing algorithms in it work.

After I posted last night, went through internet and learned that I may need a dual wan router which can accept wireless as wan (WAW). Companies like cradlepoint and pepwave makes such devices.

Basically I want to bond 2 mobile hotspots (1 Android and 1 iPhone) with unlimited 4G data to create one connection for home internet. Is there simple way this can be achieved