Like Tree6Likes

Xiaomi Mi Band 2

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Xiaomi Mi Band 2

Anyone in HK got one? The reviews from this forum regarding the previous model were quite positive. An the new one has heart rate, which I really like. Didn't see if it supports sleep tracking - does it? I have Fitbit Charge HR, which works pretty well, but I'm unhappy about the battery life - have to recharge every few days, and that's with autosync disabled.

Its not really new, I've had one since last year. Great little toy for under $200. Battery is great, lasted me 22 days last month, this charge was 10 days ago and still at 67%. Yes it does sleep tracking. It also has a display with time, a function the previous model did not have. It also vibrates when you get a whatsapp, sms, voice call, and other things you can customise. It's generally quite cool but sometimes my wife or whoever will send me a bunch of whatsapps and I want to rip the bloody thing off my arm it keeps vibrating every few seconds.

The Mi scale is also pretty good and well built, looks very sleek solid heavy white glass and also under $200. It integrates with the same Mi app for ios/android as the band and automatically recognises different members of the family.

OK, I wanna play Do you know where I can get in HK?

Quote Originally Posted by orel100x:
    OK, I wanna play Do you know where I can get in HK?
    The Mi Home store in Mongkok on 20/F floor of the offices on top of the Hollywood Shopping Centre. The same building with the new flagship 68 lingerie shop on the ground floor.

Quote Originally Posted by bdw:
    The Mi Home store in Mongkok on 20/F floor of the offices on top of the Hollywood Shopping Centre. The same building with the new flagship 68 lingerie shop on the ground floor.
    Definitely worth a visit then, thanks

I forgot I also got the Mi LED desktop lamp for my kids study desk. A nice LED lamp that you can control with iphone or android, turn it on and off and all control whether it emits a yellow or white light and all these other settings that are suppose to be good for the eyes. Was something like $200-$300 as well. Cheap as chips and actually good quality and looks great and a nice toy I can control with my phone

Original Post Deleted
    It can tell you information like below. Its very accurate at telling me what time I fall asleep and wake up, but I kind of know that anyway. I have no idea if the deep sleep and light sleep is really accurate or not. If so I wonder if it's normal to get only 1.5-2 hours of deep sleep per night or if theres something wrong with me? Maybe this is why I spend my days brain dead surfing geoexpat

Name:  sleep.PNG
Views: 1229
Size:  66.2 KB
    chuckster007 likes this.

bdw - seems normal. We had the original version and saw the same. Not just geoexpat, your leverages and twenty property mortgages also contribute to the lack of sleep.

More sleep geekery can be found here:

What is Sleep? | Healthy Sleep

bdw likes this.

Lol. I have the previous 1s.

Cons:
    No display,
    no continuous heart rate monitoring. Only each time you actually ask it to check the heart rate.
    have to put on the ios app (on i6s+) each time to sync data and see stats, doesn't auto sync.
    After a point, I just forget to sync for days.
    No reminder to move every hour (which jawbone had) or daily stats alert/ target reminder.
    Vibration alarms and alerts seem to go awry after a while, randomly vibrate for some calls, don't vibrate at scheduled wake times, etc.

Pros:
    Steps/Sleep monitoring is pretty accurate
    Battery life is excellent on this model (14+ days)

Looking at a fitbit/garmin for more useful motivational tracker.

Quote Originally Posted by Apjace:
    Lol. I have the previous 1s.

Cons:
    No display,
    no continuous heart rate monitoring. Only each time you actually ask it to check the heart rate.
    have to put on the ios app (on i6s+) each time to sync data and see stats, doesn't auto sync.
    After a point, I just forget to sync for days.
    No reminder to move every hour (which jawbone had) or daily stats alert/ target reminder.
    Vibration alarms and alerts seem to go awry after a while, randomly vibrate for some calls, don't vibrate at scheduled wake times, etc.

Pros:
    Steps/Sleep monitoring is pretty accurate
    Battery life is excellent on this model (14+ days)

Looking at a fitbit/garmin for more useful motivational tracker.
    Some of the cons you mention with the 1s are better with the 2 now. eg the display, I believe there is continous heartrate monitor but I never try it, I just check heartrate on demand. But still the sync is in the app not auto sync. But it does have a 10 day memory I think so as long as you sync once every 10 days should be fine. Anyway for under $200 I did not expect much and its just a toy basically and works quite well. Get the home scales for under $200 as well and they work quite well together both connecting to your phone. No I am not going to send a screenshot showing my weight changes over the last month
    shri likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast