Like Tree14Likes

Alternative to IPad

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Cool stuff is about 16 mins into this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tTkiBPn-bo

Cara2423 likes this.

You know me Shri! What what I do with a hipster thing like that!

You'll need to send in a photo of you sporting a man-bun before they'll ship it to you.

My Surface Pro 3 is honest to god the best tablet/note taking device I've ever used.

The only time it ever let me down is when I took it outdoors to make notes on OneNote on a hot summer da - I was unable to see the screen, the device was extremely hot and the fan was extremely loud due to the intense sunshine. Even then it was still usable with no further signs of damage and I just moved to some shade. So yea, it does has its limitations, but you are unlikely to run into those conditions in normal usage.

Indoors, however, it performs flawlessly and it is absolutely necessary if you draw with your tablet or if you want to take handwritten notes on the computer.

Nep and shri like this.

Quote Originally Posted by rickyross:
    My Surface Pro 3 is honest to god the best tablet/note taking device I've ever used.
    Totally agree i got it as a gift and though i ll never use but since i think i have been using it everyday and the keyboard is really nice.

If you need a larger 13.3 screen there is the Asus Zenbook Flip as well.
    https://www.asus.com/Notebooks/ASUS-...-Flip-UX360CA/

I was lent a Yoga tablet by Lenovo recently as they are trying to persuade us to partner with them. It certainly is a cool device - I particularly like the OCR capability and the drawing on paper to transfer to the screen was quite funky too. It's much cheaper than the iPad, but like all the Yoga range (they have a beautiful new laptop they are about to launch), it's very much geared to the consumer rather than the business market.

I had a Surface Pro for a while on loan from Microsoft. While the Office applications do work well for obvious reasons, I don't like it as much as my iPad Pro. There just aren't the same range of apps available for it and I found it harder to type with it sitting on my lap.

Nep likes this.

Bought a 2nd hand 10" Samsung Note with S-Pen. Love the pad, love the apps. Nice to get rid of that nonfunctional Apple crap.

I am thinking of buying the Samsung Chromebook Plus for my travel unit.

Pixel C just isn't cutting it for work while on the road.

I pulled the plug and bought the Samsung Chromebook Plus for USD419.

Now, to sell the pixel-c or keep it.

I really hope someone comes out with a decent (and cheap) 7 inch Android tablet in the future.