Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MandM!

Broadband Internet in Kowloon Tong

Closed Thread

Question Broadband Internet in Kowloon Tong

Hi everyone,

We're moving to Kowloon Tong soon on Cornwall Street in an older building. I've been trying to sign up with an ISP with not much success. HKBN, i-cable, and 3BB say they cannot supply my building, and the best Netvigator can do is an 8m line, with which we cannot even watch HD on.

Stressed that I may be going back to the stone ages, please help!

Live with it, or find another place to live in when your contract is up. A lot of older buildings in HK, no matter what district you live in, is stuck with slow broadband. Like you I'm stuck with a 8Mb line, which I only get speeds of 6Mb but I've learnt to cope in the 5 years I've loved in this flat. I schedule my downloads when I've gone to sleep, my online gaming is not affected as the packets sent are tiny (and you also get great pings and low latencies to Asian servers), I watch TV via a streaming box. The only downside I've experienced is when I have to upload video files I've worked on, I either start the uploads as I leave the house, or take them over to friend's flat and upload there.

Quote Originally Posted by banhmi:
    Hi everyone,

We're moving to Kowloon Tong soon on Cornwall Street in an older building. I've been trying to sign up with an ISP with not much success. HKBN, i-cable, and 3BB say they cannot supply my building, and the best Netvigator can do is an 8m line, with which we cannot even watch HD on.

Stressed that I may be going back to the stone ages, please help!
    Normal and be happy that you have 8mb. Could be worse. You could get the management to gather names of your neighbours to propose to netvigator or the likes to wire your building for high speed.
    chuckster007 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MandM!:
    You could get the management to gather names of your neighbours to propose to netvigator or the likes to wire your building for high speed.
    Definitely will cost you 1 arm 1 leg and 1 kidney for that LOL