Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By mrgoodkat
  • 1 Post By GeoTommy
  • 1 Post By mrgoodkat

Using Thunderbird Client online

Closed Thread

Using Thunderbird Client online

Hi guys

I have multiple email accounts (my own host name, many Gmail) and I use Thunderbird Client (Desktop, Windows 10) on POP. I use POP because I find it much faster than IMAP and have been doing so for 10+ years. I have many filters set up on my Thunderbird on my laptop.

The problem is that I carry my laptop back and forth from work to home and no longer want to do so. So, I am looking to migrate my Thunderbird online. The thing is that I don't want to log on to multiple emails (Gmail, my host web address, etc) and I want what Thunderbird Desktop Client can provide but as an online version. I also need it to work in China (so can't use Gmail).

Can anyone recommend a good web-based email client which behaves likes Thunderbird Desktop Client but has a web presence.

I hope the above makes sense!

Thank you

I'm using outlook.com. works in china, can pull all my emails from various accounts via pop and IMAP and has desktop and mobile client.

civil_servant and ltcommander like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ltcommander:
    The thing is that I don't want to log on to multiple emails (Gmail, my host web address, etc)
    Why not? On Firefox with containers, you could have each tab logged in to a separate Gmail account:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...nt-containers/

behaves likes Thunderbird Desktop Client but has a web presence.
    Try Roundcube:

https://roundcube.net/about/
    ltcommander likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by GeoTommy:
    Try Roundcube:
    You can install it on a small VPS. ArubaCloud has 1Gb RAM VPS with 20Gb storage for a modest EUR 1.00 per month.

https://www.arubacloud.com/

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat:
    I'm using outlook.com. works in china, can pull all my emails from various accounts via pop and IMAP and has desktop and mobile client.
    I am trying outlook.com now. Works great on the phone. But, there's no option for me to log on to my MS account on the phone? Just added a few of my email accounts and it works well. On the web (www.outlook.com) - it asks for my MS account credentials which I entered but then it's empty. All the email accounts I set up on the phone are not there. Am I missing something?

Thanks!

get a windows phone?

https://www.pcworld.com/article/3129...ows-phone.html

Oh no Microsoft have killed the concept of a phone replacing your PC

I am trying outlook.com now. Works great on the phone. But, there's no option for me to log on to my MS account on the phone? Just added a few of my email accounts and it works well. On the web (www.outlook.com) - it asks for my MS account credentials which I entered but then it's empty. All the email accounts I set up on the phone are not there. Am I missing something?

Thanks!
    I think you set up the phone app like a normal email client. Better to make an Outlook account on the web, add all your email accounts into that and then log into that account from the Outlook phone app. The phone app doesn't need any settings, after you login it will show the same emails as the web client.
    ltcommander likes this.

I don't get it ... we're exclusively a google app company - several email accounts, multiple domains and they all sync perfectly on the phone or on the desktop (I use outlook 2016 others use thunderbird / older outlook), everything on IMAP so email is never deleted from the server.

No need for outlook online or anything other than the Gmail client on Android.

If I need to access any account which is not on my outlook or phone, simply log into gmail from any browser client.