Like Tree10Likes

Where To Buy Discounted Brand New Macbooks?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Where To Buy Discounted Brand New Macbooks?

Hi all,

does anyone know where I can buy a Macbook at a discounted price? Most cities I've been in have dealers that usually sell 10-15% cheaper... Could anyone point m in the right direction?

used?

Price is pretty stable. Best to know someone who works at store to enjoy their discount.

Quote Originally Posted by natt3h:
    Hi all,

does anyone know where I can buy a Macbook at a discounted price? Most cities I've been in have dealers that usually sell 10-15% cheaper... Could anyone point m in the right direction?
    Perfect, get them from those cities

Quote Originally Posted by natt3h:
    Hi all,

The one in Olympian city offers a $200 discount on MacBook Air , the one at the intersection of Austin Rd and nathan road offered around $400. This was 4 months ago. If you work for “The Bank” you also get a discount.

Quote Originally Posted by dumbdonkey:
    Perfect, get them from those cities
    If the OP is talking about new computers, then I would like to know what countries sell Apple products at such a discount. Certainly not the UK and US.

Original Post Deleted
    yes, but the OP said up to 15%. And said corporate and education discounts are not available to the public. Education discount is certainly not 15%... Not sure about the corporate discount.

Quote Originally Posted by Kowloon Goon:
    ...Certainly not the UK and US.
    I wouldn't expect any (official) Apple Store anywhere to sell below MSRP, but there are a handful of third-party vendors in the US that occasionally do.

Best Buy (nationwide franchise) has their in-store Apple section. To stay in Apple's graces, their infrequent discounts aren't much to write home about.

B&H Photo Video in New York is more noteworthy. Their sole Manhattan location is pure DisneyWorld for the electronics geek. I'm not i the market, but their MBP pricing caught my attention the other day:
    • Space Gray Touch Bar 15.4" MacBook Pro, 2.7GHz i7, 16GB ram, 512 SSD. Apple's retail $2799. B&H sale through Nov 30 $2099.
    • Silver 13.3" MacBook Pro, 2.0GHz i5, 8GB ram, 256 SSD. Apple's retail $1549. B&H sale $1249

Their accounts page seems to permit adding a Hong Kong delivery address, but I'm not sure how far the checkout process allows this to go. One can always do like Lok and have it shipped to a US hotel while visiting...

https://youtu.be/_nOhMvC0BbI?t=7m21s
    Kowloon Goon likes this.

Wow, those are some great prices by B&H Photo. I wonder how much stock they have at that price. One could easily make a few easy hundred bucks re-selling at those prices. I'll be in NYC next week, so maybe I'll check if I muster up the energy.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast