Short term Broadband options

Closed Thread

Short term Broadband options

Hi everyone,

I am moving into a new apartment and am looking for a cost-effective way to have a short term broadband contract. Ideally I am looking for a monthly rolling contract or 12 months minimum. It astounds me that many companies are still offering 24 months as a minimum contract tenure! Some even 36 months!

So far I have only found HKBN offering :
    HKBN: 1000M Home Broadband + myTV SUPER. 12 months for HKD 258/month

HKBN:1000M Free to go Home Broadband . 1 month rolling HKD 398/month

Only 24 months on:
    - i-cable
    - smartone
    - Nevigator
    - HGC

Are there any providers/ other solutions out there that I have missed?!

Thanks!

You can look at classifieds on here or other sites for people who sell their contract half way due to the reason on moving. You can get good bargain on it and a shorter term.

I’ve got 5m left pm me to discuss if interested. I’ve got two lines of hkbn 100M Each for internet and one for mytv

Get mobile broadband. You can buy SIM cards that have a month of data on them, buy another when done. Usually sold in the cheaper shopping centres.

Thanks all!
    @HK_Katherine Do you mean like an unlimited data sim and then tether?

Quote Originally Posted by Flippityfish:
    Thanks all!
    @HK_Katherine Do you mean like an unlimited data sim and then tether?
    Yes. you can buy routers that take a SIM and create a wifi network which other things can join. We use CSL's mobile broadband solution for this (which is a contract) but you can replicate the same with single month SIM's or pay as you go. 4G is perfectly good enough for most uses.