Like Tree4Likes

Fixing IPad in Shenzhen

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Fixing IPad in Shenzhen

Has anyone travel to Louwu and get their tablet fixed? If so can anyone point a shop that is reliable? Thanks

Really?!? Shenzhen??

Why not fix it in Hk?

chuckster007 and East_coast like this.

Lowu isn't a good place, go to Futian, Huaqiang area. There are a few phone dedicated malls.

Google for: Tongtiandi Telecommunication Market / 通天地通讯市场

That is a component level place with a few repair shops. It's in Shennan Middle Rd, same Huaqiang MTR station.

iPad repair can take a while because taking off the glued display is quite tricky.

Can you really save that much? Enough to overcome the extra costs and hassle of travelling to Shenzhen?

Quote Originally Posted by jmbf:
    Can you really save that much? Enough to overcome the extra costs and hassle of travelling to Shenzhen?
    And risks too..

Luohu/Lowu to Huaqiang Lu is 5 stops. And SEG has very little phone stuff. First 2 floors are electronic components, and upper floors are PC stuff. I rarely go there now. Walk 100m up on HuaqiangBei and there is a phone mall on the right that is OK, but not as good as Tongtiandi .

Is it cheaper? If you have a visa, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by MandM!:
    And risks too..
    Higher quality service 1st! Better than any repair shop in HK for your information. 2nd Apple devices is made in same Shenzhen.
    Peoples is much more professional than in HK about electronics.

So no risk.

Quote Originally Posted by resurection:
    Higher quality service 1st! Better than any repair shop in HK for your information. 2nd Apple devices is made in same Shenzhen.

So no risk.
    Lol!

Quote Originally Posted by resurection:

So no risk.
    I wouldn't trust my electronics in Shenzhen. There's the risk that components are changed out, if a problem occurs they probably wouldn't fix it. Less protections and they don't want to lose any money. I would do it in HK - cost is cheap too in HK. Going to Shenzhen will add time and at least Hk$70 MTR costs. Doubt it is that much cheaper in Shenzhen.

Yes Apple products are made in China/Shenzhen but at a factory likely controlled by westerners at Apple and with QC controls. No way to judge quality or service at a random shop in Shenzhen until after we get home and it's broken again.

In HK easier to take back to fix if any problems. I regularly return or exchange broken items in HK without issues.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast