How to setup netvigator modem with own router?

Closed Thread

How to setup netvigator modem with own router?

Hi
    I recently asked pccw to switch off their router function as I have an Orbi at home and was under the assumption that the modem was plug and play but now I don’t have any internet.

I called pccw who who said I need to set up my modem to connect to the router and they don’t assist with this.

Sorry i am not very tech savvy at all, could anyone give me some instructions on what I need to do? The unfortunate thing is also that I only own a Mac air which does not have an Ethernet socket. Anyway I can get this done? TIA!

How are you connecting the modem to the Orbi? Is the network cable connected to sockets labelled as "internet" on both the modem and Orbi? If they are connected you should be seeing some blinking lights.

And sometimes you just need to do a hard reset on all the machines. Turn your computer off, unplug the power to the Orbi, unplug power to modem. Give them 5 to 10 seconds, then plug power back in the modem, the orbi, and then turn on the computer and see if that works. If not, post photo of how the modem and router are connected.

Do you have both a modem and wifi router ?

Use Ethernet wire to hook modem into router IN port. Turn on. Wa lah!

There may be a present name and password or you can add your own. Sometimes there is no password as default but then anyone can use your internet.