Like Tree1Likes

Computer repairs in Kowloon that isn't in SSP?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by squall23:
    Simply put, the problem is that the computer turns on, fans are running, lights are on, etc, but no display. And no, it isn't the monitor or the TV's problem, they're fine.
    fried display card?

The sound that a PC makes at startup is part of the diagnostics process.

PC motherboards usually provide audible error codes in the form of long and short beeps. A search term like motherboard brand or PC model (if you've got a premade PC) and beep codes will usually give you the translation.

If your boot drive is a HDD as opposed to an SSD, whether you can hear the hard drive making the usual clicking noises on startup is important. If it makes click noises that are not usual (e.g. long repetitive

If you've got an Intel PC with a discrete video card then pull it out and plug the monitor into the video port that's built into the motherboard.

Then again, I assume you've been through this sort of thing on the other forums you've mentioned... if poking around the internals of a PC is not your thing, just dump it onto a computer store to fix

Quote Originally Posted by squall23:
    Simply put, the problem is that the computer turns on, fans are running, lights are on, etc, but no display. And no, it isn't the monitor or the TV's problem, they're fine.
    Were there any beeps on startup and does it sound like the hard drive (if you don't have a SSD) is reading?

I would start by opening the case and gently pushing down on the graphics card and ram to make sure they are seated and checking that the CPU fan is spinning.

Yeah, I reseated pretty much everything I could before making this topic. Seems to be common but good advice though.