Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By jimbo

Laptop Repair this weekend

Closed Thread

Laptop Repair this weekend

Hi!

I'm in desperate need of a repair to an unresponsive HP laptop.

I took it to Computer Hospital at Golden Computer Arcade a few weeks ago, disappointed with the slow service and now the problem has returned.

I'm quite new to Hong Kong (staying near Tuen Mun but happy to travel) so don't know the most reputable place to take it...any advice?

Quote Originally Posted by numanchris:
    any advice?
    Don't listen to Green Catalonia... she doesn't even know what 'unresponsive' means.

Where exactly do you live? I know a guy at Chi Lok.

Original Post Deleted
    , that came in useful on this occasion.

Oh, and sorry about the 'she', I just assumed from your writing style.

Quote Originally Posted by SpeakCantonese:
    Well I have a degree in computer science but it's more my grasp of English, , that came in useful on this occasion.

Oh, and sorry about the 'she', I just assumed from your writing style.
    Lol
    Copy and paste from a word document onto a browser is somewhat weird indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo:
    Lol
    Copy and paste from a word document onto a browser is somewhat weird indeed.
    Just be thankful they stopped allowing Comic Sans and coloured text.

https://geoexpat.com/forum/71/thread...ml#post3363029

Hi!

Live at Gold Coast just now - though very happy to travel to kowloon or central or wherever

I know Chi Lok though

Quote Originally Posted by numanchris:
    Hi!

Live at Gold Coast just now - though very happy to travel to kowloon or central or wherever

I know Chi Lok though
    Right. Well I wouldn't bother going too far, especially if it turns out to be terminal...

You want to go to the wet market on Tsing Ho Square side... go upstairs and there is a kind of 'hidden' mall with lots of little shops selling computer games, etc. When you go up the stairs, you want to turn right and head up that hall and you will see a small shop on your right selling computer parts... he always has a big display of PC speakers outside his shop... tall thin guy and he can speak a little English.

The mall is called Lee Po Shopping Centre...

Thanks!

I have a 2yo Samsung laptop with a cluster of keys that suddenly stopped working. They say they found signs of water damage in the casing, so the warranty is void and repair will cost $1680. I refused as i've never had a spill and i don't want to give them another cent. Is there another place that can handle the repair ?

Why does it matter where I'm located? Let's say that I'm willing to go up to the Shenzhen border