Like Tree48Likes

The cheap Chinese laptop thread

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5

Original Post Deleted
    A brand new Apple laptop is supplied at work and still no significant difference, I leave it there...

20-30 years ago, I wouldn't touch a Windows machine but times have changed.
    Last edited by Golem; 24-08-2018 at 07:04 PM.

Is this the same as American companies that manufacture computers/ laptops in China? Apple and Microsoft come to mind and they are huuuuuge.

Original Post Deleted
    That may be true, I did have to replace the Mac charger and batteries several times and anything Mac is more expensive than it should and I also replaced the old hard drive with an SSD to speed it up. I also can't upgrade the system anymore. Apart from that, it still does everything I need it to do whenever required.

I bought the cheap chinese laptop as a throwaway for a trip and it performed better than I expected so I kept it and still use it. I don't get more or less enjoyment from either. I don't see the use of traditional computers much for myself anymore so I'll likely be moving to tablets. I find annoying that Apple imposes restrictions on its users like removing the headphone jack or not allowing the use of USB sticks or being able to put extra memory so I'm not keen on the iPad.

cheap chinese laptop made in China, like Foxconn-Mac ? Lenovo? Dell? HP?
    Ironically after Trump screwed with the world trade balance, US suppliers of Mac components get hit with a duty into China where the Macs are assembled by Foxconn

as a matter of interest I ordered an HD battery from Lenovo for my son's school laptop and paid online on 13th Aug - they still did not ship it to us

Gearbest/banggood etc have a great selection. Any idea if there are any physical shops in hkg that have a similar selection?

I've seen many of the same Chinese brands as Gearbest in the basement of Golden Computer Centre Sham Shui Po. You can also look on price.com.hk and many retailers advertise there - that's where I found an HK supplier for my Xiaomi laptop.

I just bought huawei matebook x pro recently from amazon USA, huge price difference locally and amazon USA.

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5