Like Tree8Likes

Terminating netvigator and going to HKBN - hints

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Terminating netvigator and going to HKBN - hints

Just thought i'd share some information which some may already know.

My PCCW netvigator broadband contract has finished (paying around 348/month) so I signed up with HKBN on the 238/month plan.

I signed up with the local HKBN rep and the following day (Sunday) the tech guy came in to install the equipment and mytv super. Mytv was working straight away even though the plan hadn't even started. I was impressed by how quickly this was all done - more on this later.

On the Monday, I called netvigator to cancel. Told that paper form needs to be completed and they'll mail it to me - no surprises with this as its been mentioned previously on the forum. They also offered me a 2 year contract at 180/month on the same line speed of 1000.

This got me interested so I read the HKBN contract (should have done it before I signed but anyway...). HKBN have a cooling off period but only if mytv has yet to be installed and activated. Makes total sense for them to send the tech out ASAP and get mytv switched on and functioning so no way for me to use the cooling off/exit period of the HKBN contract.

They are all sneaky bastards!

Tips for future reference!

So PCCW was willing drop their charges by 50% when you wanted to cancel? That's interesting- which part of HK is this?

MABinPengChau likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jgl:
    So PCCW was willing drop their charges by 50% when you wanted to cancel? That's interesting- which part of HK is this?
    Makes me want to call them and cancel just for fun.
    shri and MABinPengChau like this.

We're in tung chung

jgl likes this.

just curious, since we have so many legal experts here, is the cooling period mandatory by hk consumer law ? is the way it is structured (i.e. non voidable once mytv super was installed) correct ?

Pretty sure Netvigator will only make these offers if your building is actually serviced by other providers.

In my case, I'm paying $250/month/1000M and HKBN do not cover my building - I doubt Netvigator would be willing to offer me a deal - but... never say never, I might just give them a call...

Isn't HKBN offering 1GBPS 2Y contracts at 119/month? At 238, are you on a no-commitment contract?

I pay $148 month for Smartone 1000 (white labeling off HKBN)

Quote Originally Posted by mangohkd:
    Isn't HKBN offering 1GBPS 2Y contracts at 119/month? At 238, are you on a no-commitment contract?
    Not that I saw but maybe (thats a great price)!

I tried to switch to HKBN but for some technical reason they couldn't actually install in my flat. I'd cancelled PCCW by that point so then called them back saying actually maybe I will un-cancel. They said they can't drop the monthly rate as I'm in a "HKT Premier" building but they gave me 6 months free for a new 2 year contract. Whereas had I not tried to cancel I wouldn't have received any discount at all. So it's worth trying your luck...

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast