Asus Router to Netvigator fiber modem settings

Closed Thread

Asus Router to Netvigator fiber modem settings

Hi,

just ended a frustrating 30min call with netvigator tech support. My Asus router is having trouble connecting properly to the netvigator fiber modem. I've been able to get one device working by connecting directly to the modem. Takes a while but its gets a proper IP address. Tech support basically says its not their router so they can't give me any info.

Router is having trouble with dhcp settings. It wasn't clear from the call whether the modem should be the dhcp router or the router. Also if there are any "special settings" for the router to communicate correctly with modem. The Asus offers about 10 presets.. no idea which one is right for netvigator.

Anyone with experience able to help out?

thanks

Tom

Asus device acts as a DHCP server.

If you could list these 'presets' that would be useful. These things are usually just plug and play though, the default 'preset' should probably work.

Screenshots are usually a good idea when it comes to this kind of thing as you can't expect complete strangers on the internet to know what screens you are seeing.

Thanks! Reset to factory settings and letting the asus router act as the dhcp server worked. I picked up the wrong info googling the netvigator website. Takes a few minutes for the router to connect correctly. HKT really should do a webchat support instead of voice. Between the bad cell connection, accents it was impossible to understand whether my router or their modem should act as the dhcp server.

Cheers

Tom