Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By shri
  • 1 Post By MrMoo

Chrome is now a Google Service that includes a web browser

Closed Thread

Chrome is now a Google Service that includes a web browser

Chrome is a Google Service that happens to include a Browser Engine
    So what changed with Chrome 69? From that version, any time someone using Chrome logs into a Google service or site, they are also logged into Chrome-as-a-browser with that user account.
    https://blog.cryptographyengineering...eaving-chrome/

One individual I respect described the Chrome change as “making you wear two name tags instead of one”.
    How it looks right now:

Can't imagine how the industry would have reacted if Microsoft had made a move like this with Internet Explorer a decade ago.

He says "Google’s stated rationale makes no sense"...

I'm a tech savvy person living in a household with a wife who is opposite of me
    plus 3 kids
    plus 2 helpers that use our desktop computers
    plus random visitors that sit and do stuff on our computers....

The rationale given makes *perfect* sense to me. Perhaps this guy needs a few extra visitors to his house and then the whole thing will make more sense to him....

Google is about to lose a lot of visibility on the INternet as that Firefox has going to block 3rd party cookie tracking by default, so Google won't get an identifiable cookie when you go to sites that have their ads... To make up for this, they don't want any more anonyous browsing, using Chrome... everything you do, must be full linked profiled and turned into cash. This small steps crosses the line of the Internet being free, to paying for everything that your browser sees.

IT is great to see how this company creeps deeper and deeper into peoples lives.

Quote Originally Posted by HowardCoombs:
    He says "Google’s stated rationale makes no sense"...

I'm a tech savvy person living in a household with a wife who is opposite of me
    plus 3 kids
    plus 2 helpers that use our desktop computers
    plus random visitors that sit and do stuff on our computers....

The rationale given makes *perfect* sense to me. Perhaps this guy needs a few extra visitors to his house and then the whole thing will make more sense to him....
    Firefox containers achieves the same thing... without having to login.

Stop using all Microsoft, google and apple services - search, maps, news, drive, photos, docs, android/ios/macos/windows devices.

You then have your freedom and more importantly a clear conscious that you're not using a free service without paying for it with your privacy or your money.

I've heard Yahoo is utterly incapable of doing anything with your data and may even have a WAP mode search engine somewhere for you to use on your phone without using any evil technologies.

TheBrit and HowardCoombs like this.

It's a change on advertising nomenclature catching up with Windows As A Service from Microsoft.

East_coast likes this.