Like Tree8Likes

Best Fiber internet in HK

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

@Fenix2, you're absolutely right. Most carriers BB network is on a different AS than the global business network and even though its only one hop to the global AS they typically neuter the routes that are advertised to the Broadband network as a cost saving measure.

I don't want you to think that I am a PCCW diehard. They were my competition at the old company . I do happen to use netvigator at my flat, but as I just moved to HK about 2 weeks ago my experience with them has been limited. I will say that compared to the 50Mbps of coax that Comcast was charging me 150 USD/mo it is smoking fast.

I have also noticed that on my office connection where we have HKbroadband, they have shit routes to the apple app store servers, But otherwise it is very fast.

As for SLA and SLA enforcement, that tends to be a total shit show with any carrier. As someone who is typically negotiating with my carrier employer to help the customer get SLA credits from outages, carriers tend to wiggle out of giving SLA credits 99% of the time. This is because, without exception, every carrier SLA I have seen has an exemption for "acts of god." Most cable cuts, even when caused by a ship dragging anchor, the carrier tries to classify it an act of god and get out of giving the SLA credit. Very rarely does a piece of equipment shit the bed and cause an outage that lasts for more than a few minutes.

Also, SLAs for latency only cover endpoints on that particular carrier's network.

The most important clause to negotiate in an SLA is a "chronic outage" clause. This will allow a customer to cancel services if they have X number of incidents in Y time span.

Oh, and please please please do not use HE for production, it is however a great backup.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3