Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Best Fiber internet in HK

NIS

Best Fiber internet in HK

Hi, we currently use PCCW/Netnavigator for our Fiber internet service, but due to slow service and high cost, we're looking for other company. I quickly checked and found so many other company such as HGC, Smartone, Three and more, and they only confuse me so far. Please advice/educate me. Thanks!!

If you are using iCable for WIRED TV - i.e. NOT via a satellite style disk - then check 'em out for cable TV; telephone service & as an ISP for Internet.

I have been using them for years - after I told Netvigator & Co to shove it where the sun doesn't shine - and saved a bundle of loot over the years.!!

Minimum 50Mbps down & 10 Mbps up, and that's all most users *really* need - for around $170 a month.

HKBN is also a pretty good provider, we've been with them for years. You might have to check if they have connectivity where you live.

Also worth checking if Smartone is better priced than HKBN. Smartone uses HKBN's network and I'm not aware of any service quality differences between the two.

Have a GeoExpat related problem - please create a support ticket.

bdw

Quote Originally Posted by NIS
    Hi, we currently use PCCW/Netnavigator for our Fiber internet service, but due to slow service and high cost, we're looking for other company. I quickly checked and found so many other company such as HGC, Smartone, Three and more, and they only confuse me so far. Please advice/educate me. Thanks!!
    Depending on your address, all these other options may be unavailable to you. Your best bet is to plug your address into the websites of these companies and see if they service your address. If they do, quite honestly they are all much the same so go with whoever serves your address for the best price. If you are unlucky, you will be forced to remain with PCCW.
    MABinPengChau and Proplus like this.

I switched from PCCW to Smartone and it has been great. I don't want any cable/satellite TV. So pure fibre Internet with Smartone is 1/3 the price I had to pay with PCCW and their forced TV bundle. Internet performance is definitely better. No outages that I have noticed and no weekend peak period slow downs.

Quote Originally Posted by methosb
    I switched from PCCW to Smartone and it has been great. I don't want any cable/satellite TV. So pure fibre Internet with Smartone is 1/3 the price I had to pay with PCCW and their forced TV bundle. Internet performance is definitely better. No outages that I have noticed and no weekend peak period slow downs.
    Smartone (and CMHK) uses the HKBN backbone.
    shri likes this.

I've been with Netvigator (previously So-Net for the old timers) for a long time.
    I've been on 1000M Fiber since launch.
    I currently pay $188/month - this is not part of a package, i.e. I do not have Now TV

No complaints whatsoever.

shri and chuckster007 like this.

NIS

Thank you so much for all the info! You all are great!

Just wanted to support: I got Smartone for about 130 HKDs a month with an average of 800mbps upload / 700mbps download: can highly recommend it. also the guy who came for free to do all the installation was very helpful to set everything up.

btw: same applies even for mobile phone: smartone was recommended by my local colleagues and for now I never had an issue around HK island / MTR to not have a least good coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by robertlempriere
    I've been with Netvigator (previously So-Net for the old timers) for a long time.
    I've been on 1000M Fiber since launch.
    I currently pay $188/month - this is not part of a package, i.e. I do not have Now TV

No complaints whatsoever.
    Just for info, if you live at a so called "premium" location that $188 magically becomes $598, also without a package. World's freest economy at work.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast