Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jgl

Sim card for home wifi in Sheung Wan

Closed Thread

Sim card for home wifi in Sheung Wan

Hey everyone, I'm living in SW for the next year and the internet that came with the apartment is abysmal. I'm planning on buying the Nighthawk Dual Band WiFi Router AC1900 (R7000) and a sim card from a carrier and cancelling my current internet provider. Does anyone know which mobile service plan can offer me the fastest speed? Price doesn't matter as much as speed because I do a lot of online gaming and I am a remote developer.

What do you mean by "abysmal"? If it's just bandwidth, you might be better off wired if you're serious about gaming as you'll be adding an extra 30ms or thereabouts by running off the mobile network.

bdw likes this.

I guess for low Ping & stability wired is the way to go - SIM would be awesome if it was 5G now!

My current internet provider said that the fastest my wired can go is 8mbps but i just spoke to netvigator and they're willing to offer a wifi service with a WTTx router and a CSL SIM card with 30mbps upload and 100mpbs download speed for just under $300, i'm not sure if i can find much better elsewhere

CSL is the best bet.

Quote Originally Posted by dukeran:
    My current internet provider said that the fastest my wired can go is 8mbps but i just spoke to netvigator and they're willing to offer a wifi service with a WTTx router and a CSL SIM card with 30mbps upload and 100mpbs download speed for just under $300, i'm not sure if i can find much better elsewhere
    8M should be okay for gaming and remote console access, unless your work requires lots of data transfers. Far better latency than a mobile connection.

noted, thanks!