Like Tree12Likes

Laptop power adapter conked out, need a shop to buy a replacement in Golden?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Laptop power adapter conked out, need a shop to buy a replacement in Golden?

So for some reason my Lenovo Y500 power brick just died for no reason. Anyway I'm hunting for a replacement and I remembered a long long time ago there was a shop somewhere in Golden Computer Centre that just specialized in selling power bricks.

It was a while back and hoping they are still there, does anyone know of the place? Or even another?

Also, just want to ask the techies here, this is the brick I need:

So does this mean I MUST buy 19.5v? Not sure how to choose.

If you can help, thanks!

This is going to be one of the easiest power bricks to find in HK, maybe after Dell. Walk into any place that has laptops in a computer centre and they should be able to sort you out. Just ask for a Lenovo power brick.

MandM! and imparanoic like this.

Yeah, you could also source it from taobao or ebay.

Taobao/eBay the best bet.

Or you can try a universal power brick.($220, must be cheaper in SSP) I recently bought one for my X1 Carbon - working fine for now

MandM! and shri like this.

Love the X1 Carbon.

lovehunter likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by lovehunter:
    Taobao/eBay the best bet.

Or you can try a universal power brick.($220, must be cheaper in SSP) I recently bought one for my X1 Carbon - working fine for now
    I was thinking about getting a universal one but I heard they tend to overheat. What's been your experience?

In the end, I found a brand new in taoboa for 68 bucks. So much cheaper there but it will take a week to arrive.

Quote Originally Posted by peblo:
    I was thinking about getting a universal one but I heard they tend to overheat. What's been your experience?
    It's been plugged in since morning while I'm working in office but it does get a little warm when I use it at home where I do not turn on AC yet.

So it depends on where and how you use it.

Having taken apart some electronics, I would never buy a cheapo/universal power brick for my laptop. But that's just me.

it's not just the voltage at 19v, the milliamps is just as important, in your case, 6.25amps/6250milliamps is needed and if you go for less current transformer, say goodbye to your laptop, best to make sure. call or visit lenovo and get the correct transformer at 19v / 6.25amps so you don't kill yourHK$6000 plus laptop to save HK$200 dollars on a cheapo adaptor

MABinPengChau likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast