Like Tree6Likes

CMHK (China Mobile) Broadband Home Internet

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

CMHK (China Mobile) Broadband Home Internet

Hello! I need reviews on CMHK (China Mobile) Broadband Home Internet. Anyone who can help please?

The CMHK Home Broadband service is powered by HKBN. Check their reviews in the forum. They're competent and provide good enough for most use cases type of service.

On the other side, HKBN's mobile service is powered by CMHK.

If you need both services, check who offers the best plan for your need and go with them. We've had HKBN as our ISP at home for well over 6 years now - 1 or 2 outages which lasted a few hours at most.

We went with their family shared plan for our mobile use 2-3 years ago and its worked out ok for us. No complaints, even though there are many on here who are not too happy with CMHK's mobile service in some areas.

PKS_2000 and Gevening like this.

Thank you. I only need Home Broadband. Speed etc should be similar to HKBN as sharing the same cables. And customer service is not stellar but just fine. Am I correct?

Again, my view on this is probably different from others. How often do you really need customer service?

I've had to call them twice in my 3 contracts with them. Both times I've explained that I run an online business and MUST have the issue resolved quickly and both of those times, they've managed to reroute a technician to come in and check the problem and fix.

With fiber connections - I think you'll be ok as long as you accept that you get what you pay for. There are gold / platinum / titanium whatever level services from PCCW, but you'd not be asking about those, if your starting point was CMHK.

cise and it_guy like this.

I want to stream Netflix and browse the net properly. Nothing as advanced as you. I think CMHK will be able to meet my expectations.

Thats pretty much what we do - stream Amazon/Netflix etc through a VPN (not tried the 4K streams) + Gaming for the kid and general browsing for us.

cise likes this.

We are due for 3rd time renewal from HKBN. They increased price too much. I am thinking going back to PCCW but they charge high for landline phone.

We have been using the Smartone home phone thing for the last several years. It is essentially a 2G phone which works as a cordless phone @ home. Works fine outside the home too.

PKS_2000 likes this.

Sorry to necro this thread as I don't feel like creating another thread of the same subject.

I'm up for renewal and contemplating if I should try this out. I know its HKBN networks but what about their backbone? would be strange if they don't use their own international gateway. Would appreciate if anyone who used it seriously/ have any critical information about their line could shed some light. I run a dedicated VPN to my office for offsite backup so uptime and stability of the line is more critical to me than overall bandwidth

Quote Originally Posted by ycchai:
    Sorry to necro this thread as I don't feel like creating another thread of the same subject.

I'm up for renewal and contemplating if I should try this out. I know its HKBN networks but what about their backbone? would be strange if they don't use their own international gateway. Would appreciate if anyone who used it seriously/ have any critical information about their line could shed some light. I run a dedicated VPN to my office for offsite backup so uptime and stability of the line is more critical to me than overall bandwidth
    l use HKBN, have for about 5years, had used pccw before, l am on the 500M plan, paying 180HKD for. yes, theyre quite reliable, had about 3 downtimes. they compensated me for that which was nice.
    l use it for trading US options and international bandwidth is totally ok. from my browsing of international sites and speedtests choosing NY as the server. got Download 104.27 13.07 Upload, significantly better than pccw in 2013 when same speedtests done.

but in honest truth, sometimes it can seem sluggish in last few months family complaining slow. hope this helps

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast