Good Area For Old Computer Parts in Hong Kong?

Good Area For Old Computer Parts in Hong Kong?

Hi All

I have an old Intel i5 2500k CPU that's going strong but my motherboard seems to be on the way out.
    Also I will be in Hong Kong in the next month so was wondering if any locals could recommend an area where I could buy old computer parts?

Cheers, Anton

New Capital Computer Plaza
    新高登電腦廣場

Un Chau Street, Sham Shui Po.

Quote Originally Posted by emx
    New Capital Computer Plaza
    新高登電腦廣場

Un Chau Street, Sham Shui Po.
    Thanks for that, will try New Capital Computer Plaza as suggested. Also on another forum I was recommended Golden Computer Arcade

Quote Originally Posted by ANTALIFE
    Thanks for that, will try New Capital Computer Plaza as suggested. Also on another forum I was recommended Golden Computer Arcade
    Golden is more for new computer parts and accessories, whereas New Capital is for 2nd hand parts.

emx is spot on. New Capital, upstairs, for shops just just sell loads of recovered old mobos. Don't bother with Golden at all if you are looking for old stuff.

New Capital Computer Plaza indeed is the place for old parts. I was just there yesterday and also passed by Golden Computer Arcade - which sells new stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by ANTALIFE
    Hi All

I have an old Intel i5 2500k CPU that's going strong but my motherboard seems to be on the way out.
    Also I will be in Hong Kong in the next month so was wondering if any locals could recommend an area where I could buy old computer parts?

Cheers, Anton
    you might want to consider taking your motherboard to Sham Shui Po and have the motherboard fixed there.

Replacing a few capacitors might work.

Mother board is back in Australia, also had a quick look before I left and don't think capacitors are the cause

did you update the latest motherboard available Bios?
    an old cpu needs an old MBoard and old DDR ram modules

Quote Originally Posted by dynamco
    did you update the latest motherboard available Bios?
    an old cpu needs an old MBoard and old DDR ram modules
    Yuppo all updated, and yup all of my parts are from same generation so would be matched up