Like Tree6Likes

Time to renew broadband...CMHK, Smartone, HKBN?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Quote Originally Posted by chichow
    This is all on the imaginary wiki - Checklist for finding an apartment: along with researching the management company you also look for incense burning in the halls, bass players, and #1 #1 WHAT INTERNET IS AVAILABLE and from WHICH PROVIDERS and at WHAT PRICES
    Indeed ....although some new stuff on this.,

Walked past a HKBN booth in causeway bay (outside IKEA), the guy told me, each provider has limited number of ports assigned in the communication closet in the building. HKBN had at that moment 1 port available. Offered me 1000mbps @318 a month for 24 month contract. Signed up!

bdw

Quote Originally Posted by wanderer01
    Indeed ....although some new stuff on this.,

Walked past a HKBN booth in causeway bay (outside IKEA), the guy told me, each provider has limited number of ports assigned in the communication closet in the building. HKBN had at that moment 1 port available. Offered me 1000mbps @318 a month for 24 month contract. Signed up!
    Good luck, but those sales booth guys will do anything for a sale, don't be surprised if the installation guy rocks up to your place and then suddenly finds it's not possible for some bullshit reason.
    shri likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by SonicYouth1
    None
    You pay 108 a month for uncapped Internet? What provider?

Quote Originally Posted by bdw
    Good luck, but those sales booth guys will do anything for a sale, don't be surprised if the installation guy rocks up to your place and then suddenly finds it's not possible for some bullshit reason.
    bummer .. I called up HKBN, and they too mentioned that there is service available. Hoping that the sales booth guy indeed reserved a port for me now. z

Quote Originally Posted by periphery831
    You pay 108 a month for uncapped Internet? What provider?
    smartone

Quote Originally Posted by SonicYouth1
    smartone
    Nice. What speed is it at?

Quote Originally Posted by periphery831
    Nice. What speed is it at?
    I don't know

But I can stream youtube, fast download speeds and stream shows 60 mins+ no issues. Plus another user in the household can do the same simultaneously no issue

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4