Like Tree23Likes

2019 - Router + Mesh Setup

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7

If I recall correctly, the tri-band version has a dedicated channel / band / transmitter for the backhaul. Might want to check the Linksys site / specs.

jgl likes this.

from what I just saw on the web:

"This is a tri-band device, meaning that there are two 5GHz bands and one 2.4GHz band to work with. You're looking at a theoretical speed of about 867Mbps on the former bands and about 400Mbps on the latter band. When sending data back to the main router and to your modem — known as "backhaul traffic" — one of the three bands will be used. There's no dedicated radio for backhaul, but the Velop will choose a band based on performance."

jgl and shri like this.

so on a two band

client on 5Ghz 867 theoretical to mesh and then
    mesh to mesh pick em wireless backhaul which would be shared 5Ghz and/or? 2.4Gz

vs potential

client on 1st 5Ghz 867 theoretical to mesh and then
    mesh to mesh could be full speed 867 on the 2nd 5Ghz and/or? 2.4Ghz

Ah, no dedicated backhaul. That's useful to know.

saw that the Orbi has dedicated backhaul and apparently auto firmware update.

Additionally Orbi is main devices plus satellite style while Velop is true mesh

I think this is probably all esoteric BS for non tech parental usage versus which is easier to setup and maintain

pin did say the Orbi was 10 min setup and walkaway

jgl likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by chichow
    saw that the Orbi has dedicated backhaul and apparently auto firmware update.

Additionally Orbi is main devices plus satellite style while Velop is true mesh

I think this is probably all esoteric BS for non tech parental usage versus which is easier to setup and maintain

pin did say the Orbi was 10 min setup and walkaway
    yep. orbi was pretty much set up and go away. It works for me, I can't complain.

Update- the Velop seems to be working pretty reliably. Good coverage. Some nice fancy features like checking connected wireless devices, device prioritisation.

One huge downside is the smartphone app setup. It is completely maddening if you need to troubleshoot anything, and goes through repeated 2 minute enforced reboot windows 'just to be safe'.

Looks like there's a way to get browser access into the nodes: https://www.linksys.com/us/support-a...icleNum=263802

shri likes this.

Velop for here in HK or for somewhere else?

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7