Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By bbchris
  • 1 Post By Scousebanana
  • 2 Post By DimSumBond
  • 1 Post By traineeinvestor

Apple Servicing Appointment

Apple Servicing Appointment

Does anyone have a tip on the easiest / quickest way to get an appointment at an Apple store?

Need to get a battery replaced on a MacBook Pro, but am unable to get any appointments at any of the stores.

The best they can offer is a random authorised dealer in Kwun Tong on Friday. Would prefer something on HK Island.

don't go to their random authorised dealer, I've only had terrible service from them and surly attitudes TWICE Never again!
    What I did was just WALK-in to the store (IFC) and explained my problem, then they gave me an appointment time which was 2 or 3 hours later, they SAID they would sms me or email me but they didn't (both times!) and i just went back at the scheduled time then got the repair scheduled. it's a HUGE hassle to wait around IFC, I just did errands. but the authorised dealers are rude and treat you like an inconvenience whereas at the Apple Store, they are apologetic and treat you like a customer..

After that second horrid experience with the authorised dealer, I actually tweeted about the terrible attitude at the authorised dealer I went to (tagging apple) as I was leaving the place and someone from Apple replied me and got me an Apple Store appointment without waiting You might want to try that!!!!

shri likes this.

Thanks - will walk in at the CWB store and see when they can service. Was not aware that they took walk in appointments.

I am with you on the reseller experience, specifically in HK - have heard far too many dodgy things about them and would rather spend my cash directly with Apple.

(Randomly - the Apple reseller in a second tier town in India treats my parents very well. They replaced 1 iPad and then when the battery expanded on the same iPad a couple of years later, they charged for the battery replacement and just gave them a new upgraded iPad)

I had a faulty Beats headset. I took it into the Apple Store at IFC. Due to the protests, the store was closed on the first two attempts. I finally found it open on the third attempt. They offered me an appointment in the afternoon, which wasn't suitable, but I managed to get an appointment via the app for the following week.

On the day, I took the headphones in and one of their team checked it and confirmed they weren't working. As they don't stock them at the store, they had to send them to their warehouse in Singapore for repair/replacement. This was last Tuesday. By Friday I had one email saying they had received the headphones and another one saying they were sending me a replacement. I received these on Saturday. So overall, good service. I had to manage without the headphones for over a week, but like most people, I have spares.

Last edited by Scousebanana; 02-12-2019 at 09:53 AM.
    shri likes this.

I highly recommend walking in to any of their official retail stores. Apple Hong Kong has the best service in Asia-Pacific and they will sort you out I'm sure.

bbchris and traineeinvestor like this.

Quote Originally Posted by DimSumBond
    I highly recommend walking in to any of their official retail stores. Apple Hong Kong has the best service in Asia-Pacific and they will sort you out I'm sure.
    This.

I had a defective brand new iPhone. The earliest on line booking involved a 3 day wait and an inconvenient trip across the harbour. I went to the IFC store without a booking and only had to wait about 20 mins before someone taking a look at the phone.

FWIW, they gave me a free replacement and copied everything over for me.
    shri likes this.