Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By gch555
  • 1 Post By pin
  • 1 Post By shri
  • 2 Post By Flat Hunter
  • 1 Post By GreenCatalonia

Looking for Broadband for 10-12 months only

Question Looking for Broadband for 10-12 months only

Hi there, I am facing an issue to find 10-12 months internet contract service after moving to HK. Looking to take over a broadband contract with at least 10-12 months left. I am not able to find a contract for less than 24 months.

If you have any suggestion please advice me.

Thank you. Have a nice day!

Geoexpat classified have a few people looking for someone to take over existing internet contracts. There'll usually be a small fee for address and name change for the contract but otherwise good to go.

The other popular forum for HK has a similar thing in its classified. Won't mention the name but you should know the one I mean.

Saroj likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Saroj
    Hi there, I am facing an issue to find 10-12 months internet contract service after moving to HK. Looking to take over a broadband contract with at least 10-12 months left. I am not able to find a contract for less than 24 months.

A number of providers do offer shorter contracts (some even offer 1 month). Price will be higher though.

Look harder, they exist. Problem you may face though is they may not support your building. If that is the case, may need to look at what the other poster has suggested.
    Saroj likes this.

HKBN also does 12 month and "free to go" contracts.

Not sure how many others do this... but worth going to HKBN.NET and entering in your address to see if its available at your location.

Name:  Screenshot 2020-02-10 at 12.38.12 PM.png
Views: 306
Size:  213.0 KB

Saroj likes this.

HKT offers monthly rates. Just ask the staff.

shri and Saroj like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Saroj

If you have already settled into a place where you rest your head, and can find strong Wi-Fi signals around you, then I'd suggest that you seek out one source & offer to "buy" access for some months for a financial reward to that Wi-Fi source.

It's (possibly) a bit of a cheek - but nothing ventured, nothing gained!

Saroj likes this.

Thank you, its very helpful.

Thank you. It's really helpful.