View Poll Results: What office software do you use at home?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • I don't need OFFICE software at home

0 0%
  • MS Office 2010

0 0%
  • MS Office 2013 / 16 / 19

3 18.75%
  • MS 365

7 43.75%
  • Google G Suite

1 6.25%
  • Apple ISuite

1 6.25%
  • Other?

3 18.75%
  • Office 2010 / Unsupported Version

1 6.25%
Like Tree10Likes

Have you moved to office 365 for home use?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    bdw

It's not called Office 365 anymore. The new name is Microsoft 365.

https://www.howtogeek.com/669400/what-is-microsoft-365/

shri and East_coast like this.

Have been meaning to try out Microsoft Teams. That is an excellent value add to 365 - if it works as well as some of my friends say it does.

East_coast likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Have been meaning to try out Microsoft Teams. That is an excellent value add to 365 - if it works as well as some of my friends say it does.
    It is difficult to get people not to use Teams

There are ways legitimate methods of getting the full office 2019 via digital method for inexpensive price.

Original Post Deleted
    You seem to like old school things, but there again, I still own and use CDs and cartridge based games

Been using office 365 for a while. I set up my Mum on OpenOffice because she doesn't need much, but I struggle to escape from Bill Gates influence (although when powerpoint decided to remove all my excel charts from a ppt I was drafting on Tuesday, I did consider trying something else!)

Surprised to see so many people paying for Microsoft when there are perfectly acceptable free alternatives for home use.

timonoj likes this.

bdw

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Skype for business is being retired on July 31, 2021. Will be replaced by teams. So if you use skype for business in a corporate environment, you have no choice but to switch to teams within the next 15 months.

Good news it can do everything skype did and does seem better. It's just automatically installed as part of office, works alongside skype for business for the time being but seems like a fairly seamless migration. Has some more "zoom" like functions for running webinars, live events, etc.

bdw

Quote Originally Posted by TheBrit:
    Surprised to see so many people paying for Microsoft when there are perfectly acceptable free alternatives for home use.
    If you work for a company that uses Office 365 like I do, then every user license they buy for their employees (eg E3, E4, or whatever it's called), the employee is legally allowed to use it on up to 5 or 6 devices, whether company property or their own personal laptops, desktops, ipads, etc. So I've always had it legally on all my personal devices anyway without ever paying for anything.

If I ever get fired, then all my devices will deactivate automatically around 60 days after termination date. That's when I'll have to start looking at google or Libre alternatives

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic:
    There are ways legitimate methods of getting the full office 2019 via digital method for inexpensive price.
    Can you be more transparent/ explicit?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast