View Poll Results: What office software do you use at home?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • I don't need OFFICE software at home

0 0%
  • MS Office 2010

0 0%
  • MS Office 2013 / 16 / 19

3 18.75%
  • MS 365

7 43.75%
  • Google G Suite

1 6.25%
  • Apple ISuite

1 6.25%
  • Other?

3 18.75%
  • Office 2010 / Unsupported Version

1 6.25%
Like Tree10Likes

Have you moved to office 365 for home use?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    bdw

Quote Originally Posted by RMDNC:
    Can you be more transparent/ explicit?
    You can buy licenses on Carousel for like HK$20 or so, or on ebay UK for around 1 pound. I confirm they work. Each one can link up to your own real Microsoft account, not some dummy account, so onedrive etc works properly and cloud storage links correctly to your account. Works on 5 or 6 devices. The sellers claim is a lifetime license, I am not sure how they do it and if Microsoft will ever catch on and cut you off in the future, but I know people that have been using these for a few years (basically my ex colleagues that use to get it for free through the company now too stingy to pay for it and since I'm the IT guy they come running to me asking for help )
    imparanoic likes this.

Everything at my home is an attempt to use free/libre software. Except for videogames...but yeah. Libreoffice looks way less pretty than MS, but still does what it needs to. I'm happy with it.

Quote Originally Posted by bdw:
    You can buy licenses on Carousel for like HK$20 or so, or on ebay UK for around 1 pound. I confirm they work. Each one can link up to your own real Microsoft account, not some dummy account, so onedrive etc works properly and cloud storage links correctly to your account. Works on 5 or 6 devices. The sellers claim is a lifetime license, I am not sure how they do it and if Microsoft will ever catch on and cut you off in the future, but I know people that have been using these for a few years (basically my ex colleagues that use to get it for free through the company now too stingy to pay for it and since I'm the IT guy they come running to me asking for help )
    yes they work

Quote Originally Posted by bdw:
    If you work for a company that uses Office 365 like I do, then every user license they buy for their employees (eg E3, E4, or whatever it's called), the employee is legally allowed to use it on up to 5 or 6 devices, whether company property or their own personal laptops, desktops, ipads, etc. So I've always had it legally on all my personal devices anyway without ever paying for anything.

If I ever get fired, then all my devices will deactivate automatically around 60 days after termination date. That's when I'll have to start looking at google or Libre alternatives
    Interesting, I did not know that.

O365 here. love it.

i really enjoy being able to annotate pdfs with my apple pencil on the ipad then sharing the file via O365 to colleauges directly from my personal ipad.

I am using Office 365/ MS 365 since 2 years now. Honestly, I bought it for 1TB cloud storage. We had bought this from Amazon India during a sale for like HK$315 for a year - can be shared among 6 people, with each getting his/her own 1TB space and licenses to install on multiple devices. 1TB cloud storage at HK$4.4/month is too good to let go. If you look at it this way, licence to MS Office suit and other stuff is bonus !

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3