Like Tree15Likes

Laptop Shops for MS Surface / Yoga etc...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

If you are talking about buld quality - no one beats Apple. You wont find anything out of alignment nor defects out of the box. ThinkPad used to lead on the PC side but IMO QC and build quality has spiraled down hill after Lenovo acquired the brand.The truth about all notebooks and PC 2 in 1's is the base design comes from Intel. Open it up and most look the same. An ODM will design the casing and sell it to one of the brands. On higher end models. the design may come directly form the manufactuer.

Quote Originally Posted by shri
    We've ended up with the Yoga C940 as the top choice.

Going to shop around and see if it is available cheaper elsewhere. Not going to do the usual buy from Amazon and use a shipping company as they seem to be overloaded and with fewer flights, packages are taking way too long to arrive.

Nice looking computer! Did you have a chance to feel the build quality?

Looks like a lot of bang for your HKD.

The Lenovo X1 was my second choice, but I went for the Surface Pro because of it's portability.

Quote Originally Posted by DimSumBond
    Nice looking computer! Did you have a chance to feel the build quality?

Looks like a lot of bang for your HKD.

The Lenovo X1 was my second choice, but I went for the Surface Pro because of it's portability.
    Seems ok. Like the fact that it has an integrated and proper keyboard + a slot for the stylus. The only disappointing thing is that this in their consumer / retail range and the warranty is HK only - no option for a global warranty and cannot find an equivalent on Amazon UK.

I do agree with the earlier posts about build quality / reliability. I've not had a windows laptop in 10+ years and have been a loyal Apple customer for iMacs, Macbook Air and Macbook pros.

The kid is keen to try out a 2-in-1 to replace his existing laptop.
    My daughter has a Yoga tablet.
    pros:
    - it's amazing for drawing. She's skilled with it and can make awesome stuff on it.
    cons:
    - it's not a laptop, and essentially useless for major projects. Type an email, sure, write a short document, maybe, do more work: nope. Even with an external keyboard (which has to be bluetooth), it suXX0rs.
    - it seems quite fragile (anecdotal evidence based on a population of 1). It's been in the shop a couple times so far, same for the charger. The charger can be replaced by any high-powered USB charger though.
    - if you lose the stylus, you are fairly screwed, as they are impossible to reorder. There are some alternatives, but they're not ideal.

So I wouldn't call it a 2-in-1, to be honest. She now has a proper laptop for school work, and uses the tablet for drawing (whenever it isn't broken).

Good luck!!

Yoga is available for demo on displays at wan chai computer center

Wasn’t for me but my associate liked it for giving presentations

shri likes this.

@CharSiuNow - what model is it?

The built in keyboard looks good.. Not too sure why it would have problems?

Quote Originally Posted by chichow
    Yoga is available for demo on displays at wan chai computer center

Wasn’t for me but my associate liked it for giving presentations
    Be careful as there is bait and switch going on there with some shops.
    Last edited by RMDNC; 17-03-2020 at 04:24 PM.

@CharSiuNow - what model is it?

The built in keyboard looks good.. Not too sure why it would have problems?
    https://fccid.io/O57YB1X91X/External...photos-3370534

The built-in keyboard is not terrible (and it is very smart), it's just too tiny if you want to type anything serious. Again, fine for a bit, not really when you want to type more. For presentations like @chichow says I think it would be great (if your public have very good eye sight).

Thanks. That looks like an older generation.

This is the one we are actively considering.

https://youtu.be/PjDD2dJU1p4

We've ended up with the Yoga C940 as the top choice.

Going to shop around and see if it is available cheaper elsewhere. Not going to do the usual buy from Amazon and use a shipping company as they seem to be overloaded and with fewer flights, packages are taking way too long to arrive.

Attachment 80896
    Hey Shri,

I have been looking at this same model as a replacement for an earlier Microsoft Surface Pro that has bitten the dust.

Or the 1TB upgrade, but not sure if the extra 512 GB storage is with the additional 4,000 HKD from Fortress which is still cheaper than from the Lenovo HK site.

3 questions

1. Apart from Fortress have you seen the 16GB/512 GB SSD/i7 configuration anywhere else in HK?

2. Did you buy the Lenovo Yoga c940 in the configuration above?

3. If so, how is it working for you and what did you primarily need it for?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast