Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By HK_Katherine

Problem with Getflix

Problem with Getflix

I took a 1-month subscription with Getflix.
    I use their VPN and connect to one of their servers back home.
    Netflix shows me the right content, but when I click a video to watch it, I have the below error message.
    Any obvious workaround ?
    Tried on Chrome, IE and Edge, disabled all blockers, same problem.

Name:  NETFLIX.jpg
Views: 678
Size:  284.4 KB

Netflix got smart? Netflix HK has a heck of a lot of stuff, have you checked you can't get what you want directly?

imparanoic likes this.

IIRC Netflix blocks VPN at streaming level and not at login and content list loading time so you can view the list but can not stream, try to reconnect VPN with different server location and see if it works otherwise its clear as the message says, this VPN is not working with NetFlix..

Also clear browser cache and restart machine and see if it helps..

@nivantj yes the message is clear.
    I can access the US content of Netflix by using Getflix' SmartDNS instead of the VPN. It's not exactly what I want, but better than nothing. Will try a few other servers.

Just a side thought, if the device used to access Netflix (or any other website for that matter) has nothing important/personal data in it, SmartDNS is not a bad choice, saves resources consumed for encryption and provides better speed..

Quote Original Post:
    @nivantj yes the message is clear.
    I can access the US content of Netflix by using Getflix' SmartDNS instead of the VPN. It's not exactly what I want, but better than nothing. Will try a few other servers.
    Why don't you want to use the SmartDNS? It's faster than the VPN isn't it?

I had a similar problem using chrome, something to do with a setting under chrome/flags that needed to be updated, but for whatever reason it would not accept the update. Switched to Firefox and netflix works fine.

Quote Original Post:
    Switched to Firefox and netflix works fine.
    Thanks for the suggestion. Just installed Firefox but same problem in my case.
    @nivantj, ok I'll just stick to the US content (even if it's not what I wanted initially) with SmartDNS. Unfortunately Getflix only proposes US specific settings for Netflix... That's fine, not a world class problem.