100 Mbps questions

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

100 Mbps questions

I’m in a flat in Tung Chung that will not support broadband. Can I still use WiFi with 100 mbps? Will i be able to stream movies or sports? Do I have any other options for faster speed? Help!

Get Smartone 5G home internet. That's probably your best bet.

100 is plenty. We used to get 6mbs in Ma Wan and that was fine for streaming. I'm on 21mps here in my UK home and it is fantastic - best I've ever had!!

Streaming services will adjust quality to suit your connection speed, so even 20-25mbps is fine for streaming so long as it doesn't dip down too much or for too long. Multiple at once though, may prove to be a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by mdh2014:
    I’m in a flat in Tung Chung that will not support broadband. Can I still use WiFi with 100 mbps? Will i be able to stream movies or sports? Do I have any other options for faster speed? Help!
    What do you mean your flat doesnt support broadband? Do you mean it has but only 100mbps and not higher speeds like 300/500/1000? Or it has nothing at all?

Quote Originally Posted by bdw:
    What do you mean your flat doesnt support broadband? Do you mean it has but only 100mbps and not higher speeds like 300/500/1000? Or it has nothing at all?
    maybe broadband was the wrong word. It won’t support fiber optic line.

How many devices will you connect to your wifi? Will they all consume data at the same time?

Just Google "how much bandwidth is needed for 4K streaming" and you should have your answer right there.

Google... It's a Thing.

Go into a Hong Kong Broadband shop and ask what they can provide?

You can definitely stream movies and tv shows with far less than 100 Mbps.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast