Like Tree45Likes

Facebook lock out

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by AB888:
    Some times it is useful to generate interest through some side issue, often political, to generate a more extensive discourse than just saying "Locked out of Facebook". Do you see what I am saying? I do feel deep and very genuine concern when I see humanity lose its morality. Without morals there are no values. No respect for others or their property. Yes CUHK, the bridge, and Polytechnic University, the closest we have come to anarchy in my 20 years in HK. It was a zero sum game. There comes a limit to the disruption of society caused by protests which are no longer legitimate. If a virus had not arrived from over the border we were going in a direction where we could no longer maintain law and order in Hong Kong ourselves. We would need help from the Motherland. Covid-19 has held us back. Thank God. And we can see a terrible failure of leadership resulting thus far with over a quarter of million dead Americans. Things are changing on the Mainland. The balance and continuity of focus on such diverse concerns as education, health, defense, research, foreign affairs, trade, economy is in the hands of the senior members of the CCP. Stability is of far greater mutual benefit than any discord. The change is that there are more young and even "westernized" Chinese officials with a very high ranks. They understand a different way to engage. They are immensely tolerant and gracious but ruthless. Lets face the new reality. Biden won and America lost. In geopolitical terms, China, with its stable leadership, considerable human resource and superpower economy will provide the moral leadership currently lacking in the West. You heard it here. For Hong Kong, to survive we have to work with, and not against, the Mainland Government. We can have freedom but it is a responsibility, not a right. We should acknowledge that with some modicum of grace. Then we focus on what we can do, in the next quarter of a century, to build in a relationship, a relationship with friends and colleagues from the Mainland. This is how we create our stability and gain the recognition and respect of a benevolent autocracy.
    TLTR
    AB888 likes this.

Something smelt fishy from the start and it wasn’t from a stroll along Hung Hom prom

Quote Originally Posted by AB888:
    I am sorry. I got carried away. It was commentary (pre-Twitter era commentary) where we use words. Language. Sentences, paragraphs. That sort of thing. No need for abbreviations. Just give a thumbs down. it worked for the Romans! Take care and have a good day. I will revisit the FB issue, which was the whole purpose of this original thread. FB started as a good idea but has transformed into a very powerful vehicle for disinformation. I do not think it is unreasonable to question whether there may be elements of external influence designed and co-ordinated to weaken the disruptive nature of this social networking platform.
    It was not just the length but also the lack of structure, argument definition, evidence or conclusion that made it TLTR.

I have still no idea why you left Facebook and why the 'promise' of getting the account content could not be fulfilled given it was a 'promise' you had been given.

I guess your definition of troll is "anyone who doesn't agree with my biggoted views".

Glad you got access to your account back.

Flapster and AB888 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by aw451:
    I guess your definition of troll is "anyone who doesn't agree with my biggoted views".

Glad you got access to your account back.
    But then they kick people off for less toxic political views than she's demonstrated. Won't be long before the boot swings again....
    AB888 likes this.