Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By jimbo_jones
  • 2 Post By jimbo_jones

Where to buy iPad Pro in HK?

Closed Thread

Where to buy iPad Pro in HK?

They have no stocks left at Apple Store or Fortress. Is there any other places I can get it from? Sham shui po/ wan chain super center would carry it?

how that reseller Digi store or something?

Quote Originally Posted by TheRoadAhead:
    They have no stocks left at Apple Store or Fortress. Is there any other places I can get it from? Sham shui po/ wan chain super center would carry it?
    Suning in North Point had quite a few (at least two weeks ago).
    Try checking Apple each day/night -> they get new stock.
    The iPad Air is pretty fast and in a similar performance league as the current iPad pros. - ymmv
    TheRoadAhead and muzzdang like this.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo_jones:
    Suning in North Point had quite a few (at least two weeks ago).
    Try checking Apple each day/night -> they get new stock.
    The iPad Air is pretty fast and in a similar performance league as the current iPad pros. - ymmv
    Thank you very much for the tip some branches in Kowloon have it

i am getting it for my brother, he will mostly use it for browsing, Netflix, manage photos/music, apply to jobs etc (I will get keyboard too). I have heard that the new iPad Air is great too but smaller screen, no 120hz, sound and screen not as good. what do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by TheRoadAhead:
    Thank you very much for the tip some branches in Kowloon have it

i am getting it for my brother, he will mostly use it for browsing, Netflix, manage photos/music, apply to jobs etc (I will get keyboard too). I have heard that the new iPad Air is great too but smaller screen, no 120hz, sound and screen not as good. what do you think?
    For the price differential, I would say ipad Air would be more than sufficient. Most of the good tech reviewers agree that the Air is the one to get instead of the Pro - unless you need pro-like performance for editing etc.

Quote Originally Posted by muzzdang:
    For the price differential, I would say ipad Air would be more than sufficient. Most of the good tech reviewers agree that the Air is the one to get instead of the Pro - unless you need pro-like performance for editing etc.
    I would agree with Muzzdang, save your money.

If you get the keyboard, 12.9" Ipad Pro (assuming the Op doesn't think 10.9" Air vs 11" pro is a big deal wrt to screen size), it gets pretty pricy. Almost Macbook Air M1 prices.

I would get the Macbook Air M1 over a loaded Ipad Pro to do real work (unless you wanted pen/touch input - then you get caught up in the Apple confused pen/touch/ios/pados/macos computing strategy) - ymmv.

I have the older Ipad Pro and the new 2020 Air. Screen -> the 120hz is nicer, pen is nicer on the (older) pro. Lidar and AR are better on the new pro, but unless you need it, bit of gimmick. TouchID to unlock on the air could be abit of hassle, depending on your fingers and the case you get for the air.
    Last edited by jimbo_jones; 16-12-2020 at 10:50 AM.
    vmlinuz and muzzdang like this.

I am still using an iPad Air 2 for Netflix, YouTube, simple photo editing and browsing and aside from running the PS app badly it’s been fine. It’s at the end of the Apple disposable life cycle so I’ll trade it in for the vanilla iPad with 128Gb. I do use it a lot so maybe I should also consider the Air. I’ll decide and do the shopping after Christmas when the demand dies down.