Laptop, rock music and a train ride

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Laptop, rock music and a train ride

hi,

i'm gonna move to hk in august and right now i'm thinking about buying a laptop there, as i've heard they'd be cheaper. does anyone have any experiences buying laptops there (price, service etc)??

has anyone ever taken the train from hk to shanghai? i know it's not the most usual way but me and my buddy want to visit our friend in shanghai and thought the train might be a nice way to get to see something of the chinese countryside... any info on this is appreciated.

last but not least, i am a rock 'n roll maniac. but unfortunately it seems to me that this kinda music is not very popular in china. are there any spots, bars, pubs with decent rock music around? or do i have to convert to r'n'b?

any information, personal experiences or your own two cents will be appreciated... thanks

jochen

Talking train to sha

hey

the train to sha is really nice. cool journey abt 24 hrs. chill out in the dining car--beer is just ten yuan.

easy to do ticks thru china travel service, tst.

Talking Train to shanghai

Hey there. I guess if ur travelling with couple of friends then it is fun. Otherwice boring to travel such a long distance. If travelling alone u can take a bus and break the journey in two places..

Quote Originally Posted by prashanthbk:
    Hey there. I guess if ur travelling with couple of friends then it is fun. Otherwice boring to travel such a long distance.
    Not so boring with a laptop and rock music though.

Run out

Quote Originally Posted by CamaronKazi:
    Not so boring with a laptop and rock music though.
    I guess it will become boring when your batteries runs down and u have no where to turn to

I guess it will become boring when your batteries runs down and u have no where to turn to
    Ah. You got me there............. hang on
    Quote Originally Posted by vagabond:
    beer is just ten yuan.

Rock music scene maybe stronger in parts of mainland (Beijing, say) than in HK. Still pretty underground/
    Here, are some local bands but few regular venues (the Edge among best?); a few int acts stop by, and rockit festival fun in Oct (if held again this year; first two hardly financial winners). Not much r n b (live) in HK either.
    Yes, bought laptop; dunno re price comparison, probably similar to overseas; service fine. Plenty of computer stores, inc in computer malls, to check around. For lowest prices, maybe mainland China brands best (coming up in quality I think, but I dunno if should rely on much just yet).

Wouldn't the operating system along with the software all be in Chinese if you were to buy a computer here in HK?

Red face Comp

I fuess you have english version of the SW available if you buy from HK.

Back in Toronto now - after 10 1/2 years in HK
    I fuess you have english version of the SW available if you buy from HK.
    Make sure English version of O/S is available and that shop will install it (most can, if asked). Some well-priced deals from retailers/service providers may not carry an English option - so check first. Mind you, I'm talking about HK.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast