View Poll Results: What pointer control device do you use on you laptop and desktop?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Laptop use - Touch Pad

12 35.29%
  • Laptop use - Touch Screen

3 8.82%
  • Laptop use - Nipple

1 2.94%
  • Laptop use - Mouse

12 35.29%
  • Desktop use - Touch Pad

2 5.88%
  • Desktop use - Mouse

20 58.82%
  • Desktop use - Trackball Mouse

7 20.59%
  • Desktop use - Touch screen

0 0%
  • Desktop use - Canvas

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Like Tree14Likes

What type of mouse do you use?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    @Peaky have you used a trackball type device or did you jump from a regular mouse to this vertical thingy... Seems like a very fancy trackball.
    I probably didn't give it enough time for adapting but tried a trackball for a day and didn't get to grips with it. The mouse is much more familiar although you do end up retraining different muscles to do mouse clicks which too a few days to feel normal. There's a thousand Chinese branded versions of that mouse design on aliexpress and US amazon for cheap if you're interested in trying one.
    shri likes this.

Been using a logitech trackball forever... On both laptops and desktops. Do need to get a new one..

East_coast likes this.

Been using a logitech trackball forever... On both laptops and desktops. Do need to get a new one..
    Hard to imagine going back to a mouse and all the associated arm movement....
    shri likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    Hard to imagine going back to a mouse and all the associated arm movement....
    I honestly don't mind the Macbook touchpad either ... would prefer and probably should spend some consumption money on getting a new Logitech trackball thingy.
    East_coast likes this.

I've always been using gaming mouse, usually comfier and you can set shortcuts on the additional buttons which makes me save a lot of time. I have the logitech 402. Before that I had a Razer but it broke down after a year. And before that a wireless Microsoft one that last me for years. I would say put the price in a mouse, if you buy cheap ones they tend to break very quickly and are mostly not comfortable to use.

I use the Logitech T620.
    It's discontinued, so I have three - maybe a lifetime supply!

https://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Touc.../dp/B0093H4VSS

Quote Originally Posted by Rob2020:
    I use the Logitech T620.
    It's discontinued, so I have three - maybe a lifetime supply!

https://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Touc.../dp/B0093H4VSS
    Wow.. Windows 8 compatible
    Rob2020 and East_coast like this.

Wow.. Windows 8 compatible
    Fear not! I can confirm it works just fine with Windows 10, 11 and Android!

Quote Originally Posted by Plutark:
    I've always been using gaming mouse, usually comfier and you can set shortcuts on the additional buttons which makes me save a lot of time. I have the logitech 402. Before that I had a Razer but it broke down after a year. And before that a wireless Microsoft one that last me for years. I would say put the price in a mouse, if you buy cheap ones they tend to break very quickly and are mostly not comfortable to use.
    I think it's more a matter of careful choice of brand, than a $ figure.

I've had cheap Logitechs last multiple years of regular use, I've had 2 Roccats over ~8 years (first one stopped working within the 2 year warrant, the replacement has been going ever since).

Razer stuff costs a lot, but they have a pretty bad rep among people who obsess about peripherals.
    shri likes this.

Ended up getting a Logitech M575 trackball from HKTV Mall .. found a vendor that had 'em for 399.

East_coast and Rob2020 like this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast