Like Tree23Likes

Budget notebook

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by happy_camper:
    Before you buy anything, how you plan to send it to PH? The Post Office does not allow anything with a lithium battery inside.
    No idea actually ,Its for a helper to send home - dont they pack them in those stripey bags/box it and courier a via worldwide house ?

Quote Originally Posted by hongkong7:
    No idea actually ,Its for a helper to send home - dont they pack them in those stripey bags/box it and courier a via worldwide house ?
    I do work with Lithium batteries from time to time and they are very difficult to ship. I suggest your helper checks that in detail before ending with a notebook she doesn't want.
    hongkong7 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by hongkong7:
    Yah I thought they shoved everything and anything in those large cargo boxes which get SHIPPED to either Philippines or Indonesia by BOAT, only downside of putting expensive items inside those boxes is that there is risk of stuff getting stolen as from the time it leaves your hands to reaching their home town is 2-3 months. ive seen FB posts of the logistics guys on the other side ripping open the boxes to plunder
    hongkong7 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by happy_camper:
    I do work with Lithium batteries from time to time and they are very difficult to ship. I suggest your helper checks that in detail before ending with a notebook she doesn't want.
    Highly, highly unlikely to be a problem. Laptops (and other electronics such as tablets) get shipped over all the time. Giant cardboard boxes crammed full of goods then dumped onto ships. The main problem is stuff getting stolen by the shippers.
    chuckster007 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by SirNotAppearing:
    I did something similar many years ago. Called tech support to no avail, as it was past warrantee period. As an IBM shareholder, I contacted shareholder services. New laptop the following week arrived.
    Hah ... well before it was Lenovo then!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3