Like Tree22Likes

Wi-Fi routers for thick concrete wall

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Original Post Deleted
    The other thing you can add to your arsenal of stuff is a PoE splitter, so say you have an IP cam that has no PoE, you can get a PoE Splitter that will draw power from the switch and will split out a Rj45 data and say a 9V, DC connector or USB-C etc...

On a nice build, only need network cables, and in a house with say 4-5 AP only the switch, the controller and router actually have sockets, no DC power adapters anywhere.... Even when you have a DC device, a PI, Webcam, Smart Home controller, a what ever, you power it from the switch, lots slick, people will look at the lack of "clutter" around the tech stuff in your home.

Given the silly prices Cisco catalyst 2960 POE switches go used, TPLink, Ubiquity, will cost more and have a far far lower life expectancy even vs used cisco.... Don't be a rich poor guy.
    hike likes this.

I might question again here just in case. Similar scenario, EU rather large flat (300+ m2) in fuckall away from city. We have good fiber internet (300Mbps or so I think), but the wiring kinda sucks, so Powerline didn't seem to be too great. Not sure if Mesh might be better? What would you suggest? I'll be going soon, and I'd like it to work and stay working for the foreseeable future, without much maintenance at all as I wont be around.

I'd think the easiest and quickest option would be to order a really long cable and have it delivered to your apt?

Gives you time to mess around with the mesh or other options?

jgl likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    I'd think the easiest and quickest option would be to order a really long cable and have it delivered to your apt?

Gives you time to mess around with the mesh or other options?
    I'd say this would be messy considering the layout, and I'd strongly prefer something wireless or similar, reducing the cabling and mess.
    Online... likes this.

Powerline is cheap and easy to try. Our house is big and old wiring and Powerline works well. Only 40 USD or something if I recall for the initial two devices.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3