Like Tree7Likes

How much does Windows 11 suck for you?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Windows XP was great, nothing improved since then. I'm OKish with Win10. My motto for these things is if it aint broken don't try to fix it.

Same thing, I like to use the old Office versions, now at work I got 365, nothing is better, well perhaps one tiny thing. I can join Teams meetings without opening the calendar invite, there is a tiny link in the calendar to the meeting, that was actually an improvement! Otherwise things just moved around which annoys me and I need to disable a lot of stupid functionality which is auto enabled. Goal is always to make it work like the old version did. Can't fully get there.

It's got a few niggles for an ordinary user like me, for sure. Some may be down to the browser but then again never happened under 10 so ??????

It works and I am sure it's development is on an upward curb. Mac OS sucks and Chrome OS is slow as a model T Ford. Linux is for geeks to play with like Lego and is code is bloated like Mr Creosote.

What else do we use? I have a Raspberry Pi and it's
    OS in a box somewhere. Will that be better?

I believe I read that W11 was shipped as "minimum viable product". Basically, the functions decided to be minimum core of the system are all there, but everything else is to be released at a later stage in updates. Hey, if it works for beta releases of games and kickstarters, why not a whole OS...right?

And yes, I have to use it from time to time at a work VDI. It sucks balls with how little I use it and still struggle with the damn useless taskbar.

I've been using Linux KDE (Neon) for nearly 6 years now. Whenever some specific game gives me headaches with stupid anticheats that want full kernel access (these don't work on linux, obviously), I have a Windows partition literally just for that. Everything else, Linux has been safe and good for so long already. And in a lot of cases, easier than in Windows. But obviously, this is not for everyone.

Ugo RIpanykazov likes this.

I'm a Macintosh. Used to love Windows but since Win 7 (okay, after XP) it's been too inconsistent and there seems to be a lack of unified product vision. Also because almost no company manages their Mac fleet properly allowing users to install and access whatever is needed.

oh boy, if you guys havent yet tried a mac laptop, do you have a treat in store! After you have paid a small fortune for your macbook pro, you'll discover that you cant use it for any serious typing!

They have made the touchpad so unnaturally big that every time you touch it accidentally, the cursor goes flying around the page destroying text input.

it is curious that companies like dell managed to cure palm-rejection issues as long ago as 2002, but despite users screaming out for help with this, Apple insists they are still working on it??

the problem is so bad that i have had to keep an old 2011 MBP for most of my word processing and still have to do that sort of input in swype on my phone!!

if you do a lot of word processing, you will grow to hate apple laptops. I have even tried using linux in a vm but no one there has managed to do a palm rejection algorithm either.

Elefant&Castle likes this.

I upgraded my Surface Pro 7 (MICROSOFT BRAND), to Win 11. It bricked my Surface 3 times.
    Just switched off and had to reformat, the third reformat got stuck so I had to get an USB to get a Win 10 image on it and salvage the Surface. Fuck Windows 11

Quote Originally Posted by Plutark:
    I upgraded my Surface Pro 7 (MICROSOFT BRAND), to Win 11. It bricked my Surface 3 times.
    Just switched off and had to reformat, the third reformat got stuck so I had to get an USB to get a Win 10 image on it and salvage the Surface. Fuck Windows 11
    There's a good bit in the clean install process where on some systems the request for choosing options (wifi settings I think) pops up in a legacy window behind the main installer screen. You can see it on alt tab but it won't come to the front. Solution was a youtube tutorial explaining the problem and how many times to push tab and then enter without seeing what you're doing. Without that it did totally brick the system as it was just stuck on an endless loop back to the same point in the install.

Crazy thing was I was using a totally current download installer and the YouTube fix was four months old. They've got to do better.

Or maybe it's just me... I totally crashed my ipad yesterday to the point of having to let the battery drain as it wouldn't even hard reset.
    Plutark likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Peaky:
    There's a good bit in the clean install process where on some systems the request for choosing options (wifi settings I think) pops up in a legacy window behind the main installer screen. You can see it on alt tab but it won't come to the front. Solution was a youtube tutorial explaining the problem and how many times to push tab and then enter without seeing what you're doing. Without that it did totally brick the system as it was just stuck on an endless loop back to the same point in the install.

Crazy thing was I was using a totally current download installer and the YouTube fix was four months old. They've got to do better.

Or maybe it's just me... I totally crashed my ipad yesterday to the point of having to let the battery drain as it wouldn't even hard reset.
    yeah, for me everything is in the cloud so I dont lose much. The problem is re-installing all the crap, logins etc.. it takes me ages!