Like Tree30Likes

iPhone Purchase - Best Offers

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by bdw:
    The best way to buy a new iphone is from Fortress in Harbour City using a Standard Chartered credit card every Tuesday or Sunday.

From Harbour City, spend over $7500 and get 5 x $50 dining coupons, 5 x $100 dining coupons, 5 x $100 shopping coupons, 1 x $500 shopping coupon. Total $1250 in coupons. Double this on a Tuesday on Sunday to a total of $2500 in coupons.

On top of this, spend over $8000 in Fortress with a Standard Chartered credit card to get $450 cash back.

So total $2950 in cash back and vouchers if you purchase an $8000 iphone, on a Tuesday or Sunday, in Fortress, in Harbour City, using a Standard Chartered credit card.
    I stand in awe of your ability to scout deals.

This could only have been improved by adding something like: The best way to buy a new iphone is from Fortress in Harbour City using a Standard Chartered credit card every Tuesday or Sunday while hopping widdershins on your left foot and chanting the Hong Kong Haka

If you open, you can check for defects straight away.

You can take it away without opening, if you wanted to. However you’ll only be covered with the local Apple 1 year warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by Cash Trader:
    In the past I bought a few iPhones from Wilson Communications. They have shops in Central, Causeway Bay, Mong Kok, Kowloon Bay, etc. They almost always have some type of credit card points promotion from Citi, HSBC, Hang Seng etc. Right now they have a Hang Seng credit card promotion (til end of June) for spending $8K or above, you get Hang Seng cash dollars worth $250, plus additional points if your Hang Seng card is an Enjoy card or Unionpay card. You do have to call a hotline to register though, but at least no need to fuss with past-sale shopping center coupons.

The only difference I've found between buying iPhones at the Apple Store versus buying at retailers like Wilson, Fortress, and Broadway is that the salesperson has to unbox it and turn it on before giving to you. Probably so you wouldn't turn around and re-sell it immediately a new phone for a big profit (more relevant if the iPhone model is very new).

https://www.wilsoncomm.com.hk/en/han...-promotion2022

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Don't think Apple would stoop so low as to accept Alipay. Better check before getting your hopes up..
    The physical Apple Stores accept AlipayHK. They have accepted for a few years now. The online Apple Store does not take AlipayHK though.

Don't think Apple would stoop so low as to accept Alipay. Better check before getting your hopes up..
    Apple does accept AliPay ! Last December, bought a iP13 for a cousin from their Canton road store.
    shri likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by vyral_143:
    Apple does accept AliPay ! Last December, bought a iP13 for a cousin from their Canton road store.
    How the mighty have fallen.

How the mighty have fallen.
    I just see 4% savings

Tried to replicate same in May with MacBook Air purchase for friend but no luck; had to use PrimeCredit CC for 2%

Quote Originally Posted by bdw:
    The best way to buy a new iphone is from Fortress in Harbour City using a Standard Chartered credit card every Tuesday or Sunday.

From Harbour City, spend over $7500 and get 5 x $50 dining coupons, 5 x $100 dining coupons, 5 x $100 shopping coupons, 1 x $500 shopping coupon. Total $1250 in coupons. Double this on a Tuesday on Sunday to a total of $2500 in coupons.

On top of this, spend over $8000 in Fortress with a Standard Chartered credit card to get $450 cash back.

So total $2950 in cash back and vouchers if you purchase an $8000 iphone, on a Tuesday or Sunday, in Fortress, in Harbour City, using a Standard Chartered credit card.

Harbour City:
    Attachment 86772

Fortress:
    Attachment 86773
    Wow! Now that's a deal. I know I missed the window, but still. Thanks for the info

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3