Like Tree2Likes

How fast is your Net connection?

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast

hullexile:
    Yeah and they really get into the game don't they :P (the staff not the passengers)
    "show me -mobile phone"!!!!
    I actually won once, but i didn't get the price, because we transferred and apparently all flights have the same questions, so i already knew the answers and still lost

HK$196 for 8Mb?!

Quote Originally Posted by theflyingbeagle:

8mb connection and I pay 196 per month. I have an imac connected through an airport router.
    HK$196 for 8Mb?! Gee you got yourself a great deal! I'm paying $150 for a lousy 1.5Mb and I just did the test, directly connecting my notebook to the modem, the result is so miserable I feel ashamed to post it here....

How did you get such a great deal?

@rkhl whoi is your service provider? I bet it's i-cable?! they have the most slowest connectioon speed in HK even though they are using cable lines....

@JohanSWE are you referring to another thread? i'm guessing Cebu Pacific

Last edited by mengfei; 12-01-2009 at 01:43 AM.

PCCW is the one and I'm in Discovery Bay.......

Internet connection in Shatin

Hi,

I'm new here & will be moving to shatin end of the month. Am wondering which is the best internet service provider + pay TV for that area.

TIA.

Quote Originally Posted by asbchin:
    Hi,

I'm new here & will be moving to shatin end of the month. Am wondering which is the best internet service provider + pay TV for that area.

TIA.
    PCCW is your choice, stay away from iCable!

I got this speed from rural Lantau. Have to admit it is faster than I was expecting.

Great site btw!

Quote Originally Posted by HKNewBi:
    I got this speed from rural Lantau. Have to admit it is faster than I was expecting.

Great site btw!
    how's the speed when torrenting?

..is anyone on HGCbroadband? to those that came from other ISP how is the speed compared to the former? thanks

I'm using HGC Broadband in Whampoa. Fast in the daytime. It slows down to dial-up speed after 4 pm. Speeds up again at 7 am next morning.
    It's a 100 Mb line which slows to 1 Mb. This happens daily like clockwork. One thing for sure is that HGC is consistent!
    Will not see the outcome yet. They keep sending technicians to test my line. Technicians report that it's fine! Huh? I'm having an ongoing argument with HGC for 2 months now.
    I don't recommend HGC Broadband.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast