Like Tree18Likes

TikTok Doesn't work in Hongkong

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeEngland:
    Nobody has yet answered why the specific dislike of TikTok. There is shite on other platforms, kids could watch bad stuff, kids could, and do, spend too much time on their phones. But none of this is TikTok specific.

Is it just old farts being old farts?

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    Which applies to other platforms so why the specific hate on TikTok? My facebook gets loads of crap on flat earth and also extremist stuff. But I still love Facebook and it is a valuable resource.

Teach your kids not to believe everything and to think critically.
    Because this is a thread about TikTok?

Quote Originally Posted by Crankshaft:
    Because this is a thread about TikTok?
    Yes but it was a more general question. I really don't understand the hate for it.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    Nobody has yet answered why the specific dislike of TikTok. There is shite on other platforms, kids could watch bad stuff, kids could, and do, spend too much time on their phones. But none of this is TikTok specific.

Is it just old farts being old farts?
    It is more or less that we already have so many social media platforms, so do we need another one? All of the other ones have the same issue as Tik Tok.

Quote Originally Posted by thegame181:
    It is more or less that we already have so many social media platforms, so do we need another one? All of the other ones have the same issue as Tik Tok.
    Well clearly there is a demand for it or it would not be so popular. Or is this some kind of old fart censorship campaign?

Personally I don't subscribe to Netflix or anything similar, I don't want myself or my kids spending hours stuck in front of a TV or screen, constantly clicking between channels. But binge watching is apparently fine.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3