Like Tree24Likes

Computer Mouse Recommendations

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

As you like the MX, you could go for the MX Master 3S

How about the G502 or variants?

Responsive, informative, detailed with experience and genre suggestions.

A ‘Like’ isn’t enough of an acknowledgement for your reply. So here’s a Quick Reply to let you know that you are seen!

This post and reply ought to be in the best-of-Geoexpat section.

Name:  IMG_5587.jpeg
Views: 80
Size:  3.11 MBName:  IMG_5588.jpeg
Views: 85
Size:  2.49 MB

trusty Logitech Mouseman Wheel.

it’s old and clearly not been used but this was the best mouse in 2002 when trigger latency on CounterStrike was a thing. This mouse and an Everglide Giganta mousepad were the biggest investment made with my meagre minimum wage campus job

it’s reliable and the build quality is solid; it’s traveled four continents; if I was still a PC guy I’d be using it.

yours (or anyone’s) if you’d like it
    shri likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by CarterTG:
    If OP’s sampling of Microsoft mice is just that one, it would not be representative of the brand.

My first mouse purchase was waaaaay back when it came bundled with Windows v2.11 & being connected to a 286. Suffice to say, I’ve gone through my share of brands and have always come back & stayed longest with the Microsoft ones.

Now that most modern computing devices have standardized to Bluetooth, a Bluetooth mouse is the only type I’ll buy. My current litter of Microsoft mice…
    Attachment 89957
    Starting from the left: My oldest. Put in service around 2016/2017. Has spanned & survived TWO MacBooks. As @emx suggested, I bought a 2nd so that the backpack one never needs to be taken out unless I’m actually on the road. It’s survived the rigors of trans-Pacific travel numerous times. Instead of the usual mechanical scroll wheel, the touch center haptic strip continues to function without issues all these years. The only current-day issue is the underside switch sometimes requires an extra jiggle to power on the mouse.
    At the middle: Microsoft Explorer Mini. This mouse services the micro PC (Intel NUC) used to prep CAD & sculpts for 3D printing. Must’ve been in service since 2018/2019.
    Far right: Microsoft Bluetooth mouse used for a (now shelved) Surface Pro 4.

All have taken at least one suicidal leap off desk height. All continue to work in 2024. I should also note that I fit rechargeable AAs in mine. None of the Microsoft mice complain about getting only 1.2v over disposable Alkaline’s 1.5v.

If yours barely last a year, I’d have to start questioning the environment. Humidity? Air pollution? Finger grime? Given how seriously HK photonerds take the issue of mold on their lenses, why would this be ruled out for mice?

Perhaps experiment for a year keeping your daily-driver mouse stored in a ZipLoc when not in use & see if that boosts the longevity?

Is it also possible that a saturated Bluetooth environment (HK living density) caused some sort of un-pairing glitch?
    Responsive, informative, detailed with experience and genre suggestions.

A ‘Like’ isn’t enough of an acknowledgement for your reply. So here’s a Quick Reply to let you know that you are seen!

This post and reply ought to be in the best-of-Geoexpat section.
    shri and CarterTG like this.

To be honest I have been using the Apple Magic Mouse on my windows pc that my daughter does not use on her IMac.

It's awesome. Heavy to but when I use a normal usb one it just doesn't feel as good or positive.

Done side is they can be expensive new but there are plenty used on the market. Chargable no batteries to change and quick to charge. Two weeks of use from 100%

nivek2046 likes this.

So many wireless mouse problems. Now I have a wired mouse, I am happy. I am working at a desk, I'll live with the wires.

NateM, rkenia852 and PLamHK like this.

Went to a Fortress and another small computer shop near my office today and they barely had anything that wasn't Logitech. Only had the tiny Surface and Arc mouses from MS and a couple of no name options. Picked up an M720 to hold me over while I check for other options, couldn't justify spending more based on their track record. Will spend a bit more time and see if any of the gaming companies offer anything with a bit longer warranty.

If small size is not an issue, I am using Rapoo 1620 from Taobao for about 4 years.

My experience is following:
    1) MS Comfort 6000 - 5 years with no failure, gave to my brother, he's still using it.
    2) Corsair Dark Core SE - 4 years, then left button failure. But was used by a friend, who is Dota player (they just destroy mice).
    3) Stear Takumi (gift) - using it ~1 year almost 24/7, still holding well. Let's see. Probably, would have got Stear Ashi instead since super light is not too important for me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2